Elevator Forum

Local 135 Charlotte...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 135 Charlotte recruitment

38 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
53.5 K Views
(@Speedracer222)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#23834]
Has anyone heard any news on the list at 135 Charlotte?



   
Quote
(@ashford920)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I inquired last week, so far 3 people have been called in Charlotte, so we all moved up 3 spots. I was told there's going to be a lot of movement in the upcoming weeks, so thats good news. You should be hearing from someone soon.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Speedracer222)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you for that information. I was 5th overall and 4th in Charlotte. Im thinking something will come along soon.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Speedracer222)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Does anyone know the correct contact number to check with in regards to the current list? Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@ashford920)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can find it with a quick google search. IUEC Local 135



   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey Speedracer222 not sure if you are still following. Hopefully you have started your apprenticeship by now? Anyone else following let us know where your at. Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@GoGoMets)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone know what number they are up to in the list?



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@ GoGo why don't you just call the hall? 704-455-5313

@ Lee Most guys who get called don't come back here to the forum as they no longer need it.

And stop obsessing over where the list is. That list can move and stop on a whim. I was next on a list for three weeks. I got the call waiting in line for a hot ham and cheese sandwich, I had to quit my job that day and drive six hours for the urinalysis. Then I had to wait until it came back before I could start. So, from the "Call" to my start date was 11 days. When the call happens you have to take it, or they will move on to the next guy, If they leave you a message, call back that day or BR will move on after a few hours,



   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@hog45 Can you give us a run down on what the benefits look like as far as medical and retirement? Any insight on working for the local would be appreciated.

@GoGoMets One month ago I was ranked at 17 for Charlotte.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Speedracer222)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey guys. Just an FYI... I got a call Monday and I start tomorrow with Schindler. I was #4 in Charlotte. I missed his call but called back within minutes. When they call they will need you to start fairly quickly. Good luck everyone. Hope to see some of you guys out there soon!



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@Lee
The benefits are great, I doubt you will find any better. They'll be better explained to you in a probationary meeting after you get hired. But a quick run down, Health $300 deductible for you and an additional $300 for your family, in network almost everything is covered. There is a pension, for every 1750 hours worked you get X amount of dollars per month after age 58 if you retire. You can retire @ 55 but with a penalty. There is also an IRA.

Be advised you have to work for 6 months before benefits kick in. A month is defined as 100 hours worked in the calendar month ie: Feb 1-28. If you do not make 100 hours the month does not count. this definition also applies to the year long probationary period.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Frankra8er)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@hog451
I got a missed call last week from the union. I called back right away. But lady said, she already filled the position. They needed somebody right away. She wouldn't give me anymore information. Does that mean I'm next on the list?



   
ReplyQuote
 Lee
(@Lee)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@hog451 thanks for the info. Sounds great. Cant wait to get started.

Congrats @speedracer222 that was quick.



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Frankra8er
@hog451
I got a missed call last week from the union. I called back right away. But lady said, she already filled the position. They needed somebody right away. She wouldn't give me anymore information. Does that mean I'm next on the list?

Oh man, I don't know. I'd call and ask them. Best case? Yes you're next. Worst? Sorry.



   
ReplyQuote
(@jon556)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Speedracer glad you got the call finally. Probably hiring for the 32 stop in Charlotte. Good luck and be safe!



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top