Elevator Forum

Interview ranking
 
Notifications
Clear all

Interview ranking

458 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@Daniel Quezada)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#18589]
Hello everyone. I just received my email from the IUEC with my interview ranking . My currently ranked number is 25. The email explained that this pool list is good for 2 years. Do I have a good chance of getting hired or not really? Thanks for your input in advance fellas.



   
Quote
(@UnionSprky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Los Angeles? Im no insider but I'm thinking that is a great number.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Daniel Quezada)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes sir Los Angeles



   
ReplyQuote
(@UnionSprky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You should be golden



   
ReplyQuote
(@Joe45)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Get ready for that call you should be getting it soon. I still haven't got him number yet. Hopefully its nothing crazy.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Eman310)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That sounds like a good number to me Joe.. Good job 👍🏽👌🏽... When was your interview? I haven't received my results yet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Daniel Quezada)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I received my results yesterday in an email. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder.



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I was ranked 16 in Richmond; I haven't been called yet. But using a metric I created, your ranking in LA would translate to a #1 or #2 where I am ranked. (This metric is based off the size of the union and the relative ranking (Union1/rank1)=(Union2/rank2). It is very basic and there is more to getting called, but you should be working well before me.

Hawaii for example went through 61 on their list after two years and that could be construed 2.5 candidates called a month for them which is a much much smaller union (215 members in 2014) roughly 10% of Local 18. However, Local 18 has other offices (Las Vegas, San Diego etc) and these offices might have their own lists which would reduce the jobs available and increase your waiting time, regardless, 25 is a very good ranking.

If you have not received an email it may be bad news. You probably didn't get ranked and failed the interview process. I know this from personal experience.

Last edited by hog451; 11/09/16 04:29 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Daniel Quezada)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
@hog451 thanks. Appreciate the feedback brother



   
ReplyQuote
(@UnionSprky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I spoke to the lady at the Los Angeles apprenticeship office. I also ranked very high on the list and she said there is definitely a need for bodies. She said she couldn't guarantee it but to expect a call very soon. I'll keep you guys updated if I hear anything else or if I get any more info.



   
ReplyQuote
(@96817)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ranked 26 on the list out here in Hawaii, list came out on July 5th of this year. 15 people have gone so far. List is competitive out here 🔥



   
ReplyQuote
(@SRiley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Daniel Quezada
Hello everyone. I just received my email from the IUEC with my interview ranking . My currently ranked number is 25. The email explained that this pool list is good for 2 years. Do I have a good chance of getting hired or not really? Thanks for your input in advance fellas.

Can you do me a favor and post when you get a call? I am #37 and it would be helpful to plan my exit from my current job a little bit.



   
ReplyQuote
(@IceeOne)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Heads up everyone!

If you haven't received an email yet don't panic.

My friend received an email earlier this week and failed the oral interview.

Another friend who tested before him hasn't heard back yet.

I tested on the last day. Hoping all goes well.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Eman310)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey Ice, thanks for the info... When did your friend interview? I'm going on my third week and haven't received my results.



   
ReplyQuote
(@IceeOne)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What up Eman! If I'm correct the interviews were held in ABC order. Just like the written exam.

My friend that tested first has the last name B and hasn't heard back. He tested on the 25th or 26th of October if I'm correct.

My other friend has the last name H and tested around the 28th of October. However, he received an email that he failed the exam early last week.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 31
Share:
Scroll to Top