Elevator Forum

Interview date next...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Interview date next month!

121 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
449.5 K Views
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Didn't realize you had plumbing/electrical outside of the coast guard experience also. No wonder you ranked so well!

I was going to interview with the IUEC during last years recruitment but I probably would have failed the interview by simply not having any applicable experience at the time (had just gotten into IBEW).

It's nice knowing these guys can be so selective, there is really no point to joining a union if it doesn't have strength/power after all. I really want to go to work with guys who have pride and enjoy their jobs. I work with some really poor attitudes and it brings me down, I'm hoping by joining the IUEC that problem is mitigated a little.

What have you been doing in the meantime Vet? You better keep us informed after you get hired, I've already resigned myself to a 4-10 month wait so I'll need to live vicariously through you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well I got out in February in Washington state, I moved back in May and have been enjoying the Sumner with the kids before I start working



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ya I bet you already being in a union for plumbing AND electrical helped you rank high,that's awesome for you man. Hey , I wonder when we get a call of they give us uniforms for the company we are working for ? I didn't know if apprentices received uniforms or not.. If not I definitely have to go pick up some new work boots all mine are worn out.

Last edited by skilledbutcher73; 08/10/14 04:01 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don't know about their uniforms, maybe if we do service calls. I can't imagine construction work getting them, my guess is as good as yours.

Last edited by TxVet; 08/10/14 04:44 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You might get some company shirts at most.

They are expensive, but I've put my Redwing boots through hell and they've held up over a year so far.

Also, don't hesitate to buy some bad ass coveralls for the winter.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey guys, got a call this morning. I'm number 5 on the list here in Nashville now. I guess 5 got called up last week. He said that business is really picking up and he sounded pretty confident that it would be pretty soon.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nice man !



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yea he said that I was number 1 on the list and then 4 other apprentices got laid off Friday. But he said he would have all 4 back to work this week. And I should get the call soon.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I guess till we get that six months in, there may be a day or so at a time of layoffs.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wait..so they got laid off only for Friday then all got out back on the list ?Man that's crazy.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know. I thought it was funny too. I'm just going to put a little more in my "rainy day fund" just in case.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like they had just finished up a big project and now they are starting on a big one..they probably just didn't need all the ppl there Friday to help finish.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yea I was thinking the same thing. I wish I knew someone on the inside that could let me know how it all works. But I guess I'll find out for myself when it finally happens.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dang that's awesome man, congrats.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Now I wish Austin would hire some guys.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 9
Share:
Scroll to Top