Notifications
Clear all
12/08/2014 1:10 am
You're telling me. I'm losing my patience.
12/08/2014 1:11 am
Thanks. I hope everyone is working soon also. I was thinking that I might start by next spring but after talking to the rep today, I'm thinking within a month or so.
12/08/2014 1:18 am
Titans that's great, sorry I keep stealing your thread lol. But yeah solution I am too, its stupid I am thinking of going to ibew to see what is going on there if I don't hear soon.
Last edited by TxVet; 08/11/14 05:19 PM.
12/08/2014 1:20 am
Titans is gonna get hired before all of us in Austin! Lol congrats I'm sure you or vet will get called by the end of the month
12/08/2014 2:02 am
I know, it's all about patience .
12/08/2014 3:35 am
Interview done, there sure were a lot of guys. I heard someone say there was 800 interviews.
12/08/2014 3:45 am
Geeze 800 is insane. I hope you did good.
12/08/2014 4:47 am
That's why I still find it so weird how few people interviewed in Austin. It's not like it's a small town anymore. I guess it has a lot to do with being sandwiched between dallas/houston/san antonio.
800 is nuts though, I wonder how easy it is to be a traveler after you get your ticket in this union. Would be fun to do some jobs around the country every now and again.
12/08/2014 5:16 am
I find it weird too solution.But I'm almost certain more people will apply in the next few years..Have you seen how many buildings they have announced upcoming in Austin? It's pretty unreal. A coworker of mine actually is dating a retired elevator mechanic of 31 years and he told me he has NEVER seen so many projects going on so fast here.I'm surprised they haven't already called at least 10 ppl to start working already.. Only 2 new hires blow my mind.
12/08/2014 5:45 am
I know waiting sucks but it is good Austin local is taking on slowly, my dad is in the plumbers union and it is more like a temp agency than a union. He is out of work more than in. I would rather them hire slow than take on a bunch of people they don't really need.
12/08/2014 5:50 am
Ya I was thinking about that earlier..maybe locals have learned the hard way not to take in too many at once.. I can see them hiring 10 or so probates for a new install but if it's done just in a few weeks or months and there is nothing else on the map, well then all those probates are out of a job till sometime else shows up.
12/08/2014 6:03 am
That's why I got out of plumbers union and stopped being an electrician and joined the coast guard. Got laid.off both times.
12/08/2014 6:05 am
How long were you laid off for ? Is it the same as iuec where they just out u back on the hiring list ?
12/08/2014 6:27 am
The plumbers union was stupid, they do it that way but they're laid off for a super long time because they only bid on projects that are really expensive so those jobs do not come up often. the electrical company was not a union company and when I was laid off I was looking for a change anyways so I didnot go back.
12/08/2014 6:35 am
Guys, one huge factor is there is non-union competition for the electrical jobs and plumbing jobs. The IUEC has over 90 percent of all elevator work. And the further north you go, the stronger the union has a hold on work.