Elevator Forum

Interview date next...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Interview date next month!

121 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
449.5 K Views
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: DD25
Hello, I have an interview next week for local 18 also. Bomfire, I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of questions they asked...are they going to ask me about my current job? I read that they will discuss mechanical abilities. I'm worried I don't have enough experience in the field of mechanics, but I am more then willing to learn. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

They may ask about mechanical aptitude, which is critical for a lift mechanic. I suggest do a internet search on a mechanical aptitude test and understand what they want before the test. It really is a simple thing like the way a car engine uses the main drive belt to crank the crank shaft, alternator etc. The question would be, what the direction of rotation of the individual wheelS are? Things like this would be what they want to know.

Here is an example of what I mean.

http://www.psychometricinstitute.com.au/how_to_prepare_for_mechanical_reasoning_tests.html

Last edited by uppo72; 08/09/14 02:24 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wow tx vet Austin only had 27 ? I could have sworn more than that took the test..there were AT LEAST 25 ppl just in the second testing class and he said the first one was full too.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Maybe that was all that passed the test ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah I meant that's all that interviewed, do u remember in that waiting room before you interviewed and there was that guy from New York helping out? I asked him and he told me.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wow, that test must have stumped alot of people then. Crazy.

Last edited by skilledbutcher73; 08/09/14 04:49 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah I guess so.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
But he could of meant 27 that day



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
True.Man Vet I bet the wait is killing you man.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah it is, every morning I wake up thinking this is the day and have my phone on the whole time and then when I get a call from an unknown number I get excited then nothing hahaha. Oh well it'll happen soon enough.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I wonder how fast they would want u to start after they have called you ? I know you have to go take a drug test but I also read you have to do some classes before you start working.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don't know man, I will be sure to tell you tho. Hey what's your favorite cut of steak?



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sirloin or ribeye.. Ribeyes if I have the money since they just hit over 10 dollars a pound here at my store.Sometimes we bring in Kobe sirloin and I will buy those because we discount them if we can't sell them at full price.Sirloin is by far the best bang for your buck though especially if you wife or girlfriend doesn't like fatty steak like mine.

Last edited by skilledbutcher73; 08/09/14 03:32 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with you, I love ribeyes, I can't get enough of that fatty meat!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey Vet, I'm assuming you'll get the call from the same hall we've been calling to check the list.

I have that number in my phones contacts as "elevator guys" so I don't get faked out.

After getting your call you'll drug test (paid for) probably within a day or two and you're off to the contractor who picked you up. They wouldn't be calling the hall for help if they didn't likely need it after all.

That's what I assume at least, hopefully this next week you get a call Vet and can fill us all in.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah. I was in a plumbers union here in Austin before I was an electrician , ( my dad is still in) that's about how it happened there. I hope it is next week the wait is killing me.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 9
Share:
Scroll to Top