Elevator Forum

Interview date next...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Interview date next month!

121 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
449.5 K Views
(@Junioraguilera)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#11508]
Hello everyone, I have a scheduled interview date next month for the IUEC Local 18 and was wondering if anyone had any advice/feedback on how to better prepare myself for this interview. Also if there is any study material/books to read up on and learn more about the industry. Thank you, any feedback will be greatly appreciate.

Last edited by Junioraguilera; 07/28/14 10:12 PM.


   
Quote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes, dress up arrive early and bring all your paperwork, resume, diplomas etc. They told me that they don't take anything into consideration that you do not have paperwork on. In my interview they asked I think 10 questions, they were pretty easy. Goodluck



   
ReplyQuote
(@bomfire)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Where are you located Junior? I applied as well to local 18 in Vegas



   
ReplyQuote
(@Junioraguilera)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you for the advice greatly appreciated.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Junioraguilera)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm currently in Los Angeles, have you taken your EIAT exam already?



   
ReplyQuote
(@bomfire)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes sir, took it a month or two ago. Message me if you have any questions (I typically check the forums every few days)



   
ReplyQuote
 DD25
(@DD25)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello, I have an interview next week for local 18 also. Bomfire, I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of questions they asked...are they going to ask me about my current job? I read that they will discuss mechanical abilities. I'm worried I don't have enough experience in the field of mechanics, but I am more then willing to learn. Any advice is greatly appreciated.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I went in june, they do not ask job specific questions meaning they did not ask questions about elevators or anything. They ask like why would you be good for this job and What would make you a good instructor, they asked how can your skills relate . It was only 10.questions I think and everyone is asked the same. They do not expect you to know everything just be able.to learn.



   
ReplyQuote
 DD25
(@DD25)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thank you TxVet! Much appreciated! Wondering if you got news yet on how you did on your interview? are you local 18 also?



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am in Austin I was number 3 after the interview.



   
ReplyQuote
 DD25
(@DD25)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
wow, that's great! awesome! I hoping at least get in top 100



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How many people are interviewing? Do u know?



   
ReplyQuote
(@bomfire)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Basic interview questions, nothing job specific. Just be honest and you'll do fine.



   
ReplyQuote
 DD25
(@DD25)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks bomfire. I don't know how many are interviewing, but I do know that there is at least two days of interviews. (I have a friend interviewing the day after me)



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dang, I think Austin had only 27



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 9
Share:
Scroll to Top