Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So I scored a 92 on my interview and I'm number 10 on the hiring list. I'm praying that will be good enough to get me in.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dang man, that's great. Do know out of how many people? Now you join the waiting game like all of us

Last edited by TxVet; 07/28/14 07:28 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's better than what I scored.. Only scored a 79 but ranked 12th.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah I scored an 83. Our judges must of been hard scorers or Memphis had some superstars



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yea I'm pretty stoked about the score and hope #10 will be good enough.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I think the Austin judges were hardcore for sure. I scored below 80 on my interview and it was good enough for 10th.

Great job Titans, I'm sure you'll get a call. 92 is a really good score.

Edit: I think most of us were bunched up between 78-85 score wise. I'm two spots ahead of butcher and we basically got the same score. It's possible no one even scored a 90+, and if so it may only have been 1 or 2 guys.

Last edited by Solution; 07/28/14 08:49 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks. Yea Nashville must have a grading curve. Obviously there were 9 people who had a 93+



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I emailed the union rep and asked about a possible start date. He said he had absolutely no way of knowing because it all depends on when a company calls and asks for apprentices.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think 10 people will go by pretty quick, I want to call the union here this week but I M being a giant wuss about it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you read some of the past conduits from NEIEP it looks like some citys hire by groups at a time.It looks like some months they do anywhere between 10 to 20 .sometimes more sometimes less.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It looks pretty bad in northern Cali and some parts of new York..down south it looks pretty good though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I sure hope y'all are right. I'm wondering if business slows down in the winter.



   
ReplyQuote
(@bomfire)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just thought id chime in...nothing new yet here in Vegas. Still waiting for the call just like everyone else but I have faith it'll happen.

We're all gonna make it



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with you bom. We're all gonna make it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
TxVet I can't believe you haven't been called yet! You need to give the ol' union a call and see what's up...



   
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top