Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know ☹️ I want to but was hoping one of y'all would First lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
You actually have a good reason though since you're so highly ranked. You could be next in line for all we know. Aint no point in me calling since I know I wont get one before you, and I'm sure you'll let us know when you do.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If I don't hear by Friday I'll call.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Lol I was supposed to get married in October...This was planned before I took the test and interview..now we are having to plan around if I get a call soon or not because once I start I will have no vacation to take time off for my wedding. ☹️



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know I am excited it's a great opportunity but sucks not knowing. Congrats man



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ya my fianc� was not too happy..I told her it's literally a opportunity of a lifetime. Her dad is a private contractor that works overseas in Afghanistan and he knew exactly why I was so excited about making the list. He said there aren't too many ppl in the elevator trade but he has met a few overseas and he knows how complex elevators can be.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I honestly hope the job turns out to be complex as hell. I never thought I would be so bored as an electrician. Seriously, the more challenging this school/career is the happier I'll be.

Last edited by Solution; 07/30/14 10:52 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
My thoughts exactly.. Being a butcher for 8 years has gotten to me..I need something that can challenge me more mentally ..The physical aspect was there but it was just so repetitive .Hey solution random question.. Were u in the 315 pm class when u took the test ? There was a electrician in my testing group just curious of it was u.

Last edited by skilledbutcher73; 07/30/14 11:00 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
nope, I took my test in the morning. I think I was the first group to take it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ah ok.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So what time Did y'all test? I was the eArly one



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
3 15 June 10th



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How many tested with you? I think 25 in the morning class and I know 27.
Interviewed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
5 ppl lol...and one of them would not stop talking .



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The second class walked right before us..that class was full..i would say about 25 ppl too..so I guess about 55 ppl tested that day.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top