Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Titan, congrats man.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did anyone from Austin hear any new news? The wait is killing me!



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nope man..I do know a guy personally who still goes to the meetings and knows ALL the members of the union..he said he has never seen so many cranes in Austin EVER.he said we should be getting a call soon but it depends on if they have cleared the old bench. He did say there looks to be a TON of work and he would know BC he has worked every elevator company in Austin.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believe it because Austin is growing so fast, I just hope it's soon.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Trust me man I'm just has curious as u are..I have this website linked as a bookmark on my phone so I check it ALL the time..my fiance has gotten sick of me talking about nothing BUT elevators.she told me to be patient....easier sad than done



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
U can do a google search for Austin's upcoming building projects.. They are adding at LEAST 50 new buildings just in the next year or 2 .



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know, its tough. I was hoping to get in before next school term started. We will see.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
TX get in first then get your six month in,then you can worry about school.You wont get any apprentice training until you done six month.So first year is a wash.You will get schooling but in the value of a union on why you have what your getting from the hard working old bad backs that fought for us.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dripcan,
I get what your saying. I am just excited about everything . This Is the first job I applied for since I got out of the coastguard and am excited about getting back to civilian life so I am probably getting too excited haha but I know I just gotta wait!



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey TX check your inbox



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey titan did u hear your ranking yet?



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not yet man, the union rep said that he wouldn't be able to get the ranking and paperwork into the mail until next week. He's gonna be out of office.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I wish ya'll would hurry up and get a call so ya'll could tell me the inside tips. LOL



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No kidding.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top