Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So how often do you guys call the union hall to see your ranking?�



   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I made a promise to myself to not call more than once a month. However, since there is like 3 or 4 of us keeping up with this forum, if anyone decides to call absolutely let those of us know by making a post.



   
ReplyQuote
(@jrr1982)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I like seeing a lot of veterans being accepted. I Was an Army Scout, and have A backround in Ironwork, I start my process in August. feeling Hopeful



   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Good luck jrr, feel free to ask anything us anything.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Haha solution,
I called last week on Tuesday I am afraid to call because I do not want to annoy them. But it's nice to know where you stand.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
If no one else calls I will be calling them later on next week. I'm the same way, it's a small local so the last thing I want to do is peeve someone off before I even get called out to work.

Butcher, give em a call!



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah butcher call them !! Haha but let us know when you find out what they say.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I just got an email from my local. It said I did really well during the interview. The union rep will be out of office all this week so I'll receive my letter sometime next week. Awesome.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Now I join the waiting game with all of ya'll but I'll take that any day. One step closer.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Haha I did a few days ago asking about how the work load was going and that's when he said they had not done a lay off in 3 years..he just asked me where I was on the list and said he can't give me a answer..he sounded a little pissed honestly so I just follow the forums now lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believed I talked to Tim Goebler..Funny thing was he said he was a butcher before he became a elevator mechanic.He sort of laughed and said they are 100 percent different . We talked about lay offs and he said they had not had to do any lay offs in 3 years here in Austin but if I'm scared he can take my name off the hire list..he sort of laughed when he said that so I knew he was joking with me.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's good, I got the same feeling last time I talked to him the guy seemed a little annoyed a wanna be apprentice was calling him. Oh well since I am number 2 I will keep every one updated when I get called and what it's like.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ya..really no point in calling till u get a call vet



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey titan, did u find out your ranking yet?



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I haven't received my ranking yet. The union rep said he would be out of the office all week so it will be next week before he can get the letter in the mail. He did say that I did very well on the interview.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top