Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
81 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@nicksnps)
New Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 1
 
Hello guys I'm Nick and I have a interview with local 63 out of Oklahoma city on Jan 28. I wanted to go to local 21 in DFW, but they haven't done a recruitment since Oct 2013. 63 and a local in Shreveport,LA where the only ones recruiting at the time I started studying the elevator trade. I hope all goes well with my interview, I fill confident that I will, but I will keep you guys informed on my results.



   
ReplyQuote
(@jrr1982)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 19
 
Been a long time coming, but i just started working for Schindler elevator. Wish me luck and hope you guys are enjoying the trade.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solution)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 86
Topic starter  
hell yeah man! This thread got quiet because we all went to work. Enjoy it, it can be a ton of fun.



   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107
 
Hey jrr,
I work for Schindler in Austin too. When did u start, whereare u working?



   
ReplyQuote
(@jrr1982)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 19
 
I started on wednesday here in mn. Just spent three days in orientation. Starting a hydraulic elevator tomorrow.



   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107
 
nice man, i have only been on with schindler since early december it seems like a good company. It seems like they are a whole lot more go go go get it done than they were at thyssen when I worked there .



   
ReplyQuote
(@jrr1982)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 19
 
So far, im happy. should be interesting. Are you working on new install?



   
ReplyQuote
(@bomfire)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 16
 
Haven't logged on in a while. Still nothing here in Vegas...will call Monday to see where I rank (was in the 30's last time I checked)



   
ReplyQuote
(@bansheeman6100)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 37
 
I have yet to receive any calls, and have been largely ignored when calling the local to check my status. No returned calls, no answer at all, etc



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68
 
I'm still waiting here in Nashville. I call a couple times a month. Every time I call the rep jokes around and just seems down to earth. Always polite and tells me it shouldn't be much longer. Man I hope he's right. I think there's only 1 or 2 ahead of me. Fingers still crossed. Good luck ya'll! Interviewed last June so it's been almost a year.

Last edited by titans; 06/03/15 09:41 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68
 
I called the hall today and the rep told me that I should be getting the call in a few weeks. I can't wait.



   
ReplyQuote
(@johnnytx)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 7
 
For what I've been told...things have slowed here in Austin. Good luck



   
ReplyQuote
(@nick9437)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 9
 
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I figured I'd just reply here.

In September 2013 I started the process of busting into this trade (Chicago Local 2). The line (I was close to just walking away, that's how bad it was) wrapped around the Union Hall and down block; over 2000+ people applied throughout the month. 1700+ passed the test and sat for an interview. I was ranked in the 80's out of 1700. Two years passed of me checking my phone daily for a phone call; looking at this Texas thread and the others on here to try and look for any rumors. I never called the hall because I was too nervous I'd be blacklisted.

It finally happened. Got the call on Monday. And I didn't have an "In" either.

Looking forward to my next chapter.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68
 
Congrats man. I'm waiting on the call myself.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ma70d)
New Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 3
 
Figured I'd join up and get in the act. Waiting on a few interviews as we speak (Southwest and Midwest), studying my behind off and brushing up my resume.

Good luck folks.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 21 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top