Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
81 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107
 
Hey Johnny, I just got hired so I'll let you know what's happening so far, Friday is when I actually started I did training all day and went home, Monday I went back to shop to do some training get PPE assigned and at 11 got sent to job site. Today my first full day I arrived at job site at 7 am and went to work.



   
ReplyQuote
(@johnnytx)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 7
 
Got the call this AM. Went down and completed some paperwork, took my UA, and picked up some more paperwork to complete.

Congratulations everyone who got the call!

For those that haven't yet, be patient...it's worth it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97
 
Got the call as well . congrats johnny



   
ReplyQuote
(@solution)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 86
Topic starter  
We all got called by Krupp I'm assuming. I'm drug testing tomorrow and so I'll probably finish the paperwork friday and go to work early next week if I had to guess.

Might be working side by side with some of ya'll pretty soon here.

Anyways, gratz everyone!



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 97
 
Actually we will ..they want to do the safety training in a group of 3 or so I'm sure we will all see each other.



   
ReplyQuote
(@bomfire)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 16
 
Seriously congrats to everyone that got hired in Austin!! Def keep us dated on what your first few weeks are like.

Quick update in Vegas...still in the low 30's of a hiring list that is over 100 people (I think 140ish on list). 5 people have been hired so far. Waiting for 2 MAJOR projects to start shortly. God bless and good luck to every body!



   
ReplyQuote
(@solution)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 86
Topic starter  
Thanks bomfire. Time flys, I started this thread 6 months ago! Feels like just yesterday. I'll keep this updated from time to time and questions.



   
ReplyQuote
(@randy23)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 4
 
I'll second what bomfire said. Congrats to all you guys getting hired on. Please share your experience with us. Last I checked a couple weeks ago I went from rank 80 and now I'm number 13 on the hiring list here in Portland. Last July I was rank 32, so it's been movin here!



   
ReplyQuote
(@txvet)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 107
 
Randy, thats impressive. I have a friend in portland in the electricians union, he says it is impossble to get in the elevator union there. I started monday, I am moving it and we are getting as many hours as we can handle.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 68
 
Wow you guys all got popped at once. That's awesome. Be sure to keep us all informed on everything. At the least, weekly reports guys. LOL. CONGRATS!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@silly)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 215
 
Location location location.... Just received my new proby last week. He was ranked 79 on the list for local 19.



   
ReplyQuote
(@mtuccio)
New Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 2
 
I've read all the treads here. Man thyssencrupp must be super busy. I was 10 on the list in Florida and got called last week.



   
ReplyQuote
(@thyssenguy)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 24
 
congrats! Where at in Florida?



   
ReplyQuote
(@jrr1982)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 19
 
Passed my test. Now I have an interview on the 19th. 400 people are trying to get in this local. and they are only taking about 15



   
ReplyQuote
 tws
(@tws)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 5
 
Hey guys! I'm pretty new here. I just got my number on the list and I am number 6 for Raleigh, North Carolina. I gave the local a call and they said that there are 6 experienced workers ahead of me (so I guess that makes me 12). I was wondering if anyone knows if there is anywhere I can see upcoming projects? Raleigh has been booming the last few years. Is this a slow time for projects?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 16 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top