Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Replacement for transformer

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
651 Views
(@vinnythestick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#40666]
Good morning, I am working on a legacy Schindler Miconic A with a burned out transformer, and cannot source an exact replacement from our suppliers. This transformer is single phase, with multi-tap secondary, running on 60 hertz, 480 mains voltage with a 950watt rating. This 480vac primary is getting ph2 and ph3 legs at 277vac on h1 and h2 respectively. The secondary taps: x1 is 120vac; x2 is neutral/ground; x5 is 150vac; x6 is neutral/ground; and when measured on a healthy transformer x3 is 70vac; x4 is 50vac.

X3/x4 confuses me. I have included a copy of the print for you to reference: x3/x4 are power for the door operators. As you can see, it can be either 115vac or 208vac (depending on the motor). I understand that there are plenty of motors that pull two hots from a 208vac source, but ive never heard of a motor using two hots from some kind of 3 phase 115v source.

Ive been unable to find a transformer that offers a tap at 50vac and 70 vac. Im even struggling to find a transformer offering both a 120vac and 150vac tap. Perhaps I just dont know of the right manufacturers or distributors to search? Maybe I need to source 3 separate transformers? Is it possible to custom order, or even try and get the transformer repaired?

How would you go about solving this problem?

Attachments
IMG_20260212_191013.jpg (70.61 KB, 8 downloads)
IMG_20260212_213409.jpg (81.46 KB, 6 downloads)



   
Quote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you reached out to Adam’s or Radwell?

I know we have bought refurbished transformers in the past from them.



   
ReplyQuote
(@vinnythestick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
we did reach out to adams, but not radwell. Ill look them up thanks!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top