Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MCE Black Box

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
12.2 K Views
(@ifrratedpilot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#3616]
Looking for someone to rebuild an MCE MG Set Black Box Drive Control or does anyone know where I might purchase one?



   
Quote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Which model are u looking for? I need the complete part # on the front of the box.
What's wrong with the one you have now? What are the symptoms of the failure?

Last edited by Administrator; 05/20/12 06:01 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@ifrratedpilot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Where can I get this repaired?

Motor field Voltage is low and the high speed adjuster does absolutely nothing. Car damn near sets safeties in both direction with no ability to slow it down.

We replaced the generator with a new one thinking it was the genset. Nothing changed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Motion should be able to repair it...
If not contact Access or ECI..

Also check field current vs. nameplate, and field ohms..



   
ReplyQuote
(@ifrratedpilot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No new replacements, just rebuilds direct from MCE, if you send your old unit in. Now there is a real confidence builder.

Nothing spells MOD like MCE.

Stay away from the partner Elevator Controls, unless you want a mixed up bag of Crap you have to talk to some Indian from India named Shah about for support. " I nail you up the ass sir, as I give you support ". " Yes Sir, you have one fucked up elevator. " in that monotone Indian voice.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You might try Access Electronics located In Waldorf Md. They do nothing but repair elevator circuit boards and drive systems.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's funny as hell... because I remember having to speak to Shah on an EC job we did a few years ago. I finally told the woman to put me through to somebody that could speak English. Did you also notice the " US Elevator influences of EC?



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I got great support from Francisco and Fernando. Yes, Shah is pretty hard to
understand, but we get through it.

We have 5 Elevator Controls traction controls on service, with well over
10,000,000 runs each. The controls have needed just a few of the harder working relays. The weakest part is the Claddaugh selector- guides, interface relays, DPM 1+2 pulse reader



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We used it on a few jobs and it did alright. they had some software bugs to iron out of their emergency power ckts. It's basically MCE version two with some older US elevator nomenclature thrown in. Then we switched to Galaxy controls...real junk. Then I went back to Swift and MCE. Out of the two as much as I hate them at times, I'd have to go with MCE. Swift's tech support these days is a joke. Hey folks there are not many chooses out there once you get away from the big boys. None of anything I work on these days impresses me to the least. I'd love to work on the new Otis or Schindler stuff without having to work for either company. Or go somewhere where I could work on totally bizarre stuff you only read about in Elevator World.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top