Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Free to good home

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,992 Views
(@TerreHauteTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#1213]
I have a customer that has two 1956 Peele Motor Stair escalators. They would like them removed. Both are in working condition they just can't afford the upkeep and insurance. Let me know if you are interested.



   
Quote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Proably worth more to a scrap merchant...the cost of reinstalling them and then the ongoing upkeep and insurance would be prohibitive. Unless there was a museum or collector that had a bottomless pocket of money.



   
ReplyQuote
(@J Sand)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I relocated two escalators 200 feet and California deemed them as a new install with all current code requirements (flat stairs, seismic, safety switches etc.).

Last edited by J Sand; 02/27/11 08:27 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@TerreHauteTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I was hopping to find someone that needed parts to keep one of these dinosaurs running. I agree that the cost of reinstalling them would be prohibitive, without even considering code issues.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top