I hope you are well and looking forward to enjoying the holiday season.
I am writing to address misinformation we have heard in the marketplace concerning Smartrise and its litigation with Alpha Elevator Control in California.
Smartrise filed lawsuits against Alpha Elevator Control, its founders, and some of its employees alleging:
· Misappropriation of Smartrise trade secrets,
· That they took a massive amount of Smartrise data,
· Other unlawful conduct.
The litigation is ongoing.
As always, we are committed to protecting our customers’ interests by providing exceptional products and customer service. You can trust that this commitment and our business operations remain laser-focused and that we will continue to conduct business with integrity and transparency.
Thank you for your continued business. We look forward to a busy and prosperous 2024!
Thank you,
Gilbert Zogbi
CEO / Founder
Smartrise Engineering, Inc.
916-719-0086
Everyone should support Alpha now ..... these guys can't compete with them in the open market so this is what they do.
Regarding the lawsuit, it's ironic that Alpha has allegedly stollen the elevator controller design from Smartrise, which Smartrise purportedly took from Motion Control. Not sure who will be stealing it from Alpha. LOL.
I believe what he means is MCE was a much better company back when they were privately owned, I know we stopped using them after the buyout. Vantage taking over GAL and HW has made both companies harder to deal with and longer lead times. I'd admit when they first took over GAL, lead times improved, but that didn't last long. Even the vantage service center in Chicago , seemed like it was going to be helpful, but same thing, long lead times. Both HW and GAL blow past ship dates by weeks, and zero communication or attempt to update information to customers. Torin is really the only company I see any improvement in after all the byouts. EECO I will say has remained the same thankfully. Of course this is all just my opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt.
This rollercoaster ride is pretty typical for small to mid-sized fast-growing companies. Sometimes, transitions are smooth, like when Smartrise spun off from MCE. But other times, like with Alpha, it's all lawsuits and chaos, which only drags both companies down even more.
What did I say that is so hard to believe, and why? I'd be happy to talk it through with you...
@Ashley & @ EElevator
Thank you for making my point especially clear.
Yeah, The reason it is hard to believe when you say "there is a partnership" is, Hyperion? They're like this big ol' company gobbling up everything in sight, not really into teaming up. You check out their site www.hyperion-solutions.com, you'll see they've got a whole bunch of brands under their belt, like Capital Electric Motor, EECO, EMI PORTA, LiftNet, Mcintosh, Texacone, Titan, TorinDrive, Vator, and ZZIPCO.
And let me tell ya, smartrise tried to get in with them twice, but their recent slumps messed up the deals. I'm with you on how mergers and all that finance stuff don't always mean better quality or support. Big guys like to swallow up the little ones for their customers, not really for their crappy products they make. Think about it, if smartrise gets bought out, it ain't gonna be pretty for us with smartrise controllers. The support's already lousy, and the products ain't much better. If Hyperion swoops in, it's just gonna make things worse. Hope that clears things up for ya.
Look, I get it, disputes happen. But dragging all that dirty laundry out in public? That's just ugly. We're all in the same industry here, and we should act like it.
Let's keep our focus on doing good work and serving our customers. The elevator game's tough enough without all this drama.
So, here's to professionalism and leaving the mudslinging where it belongs – in the playground.
And yes, I've also heard about Smartrise's unsuccessful attempts to sell the business to Vantage and Hyperion!
Take care