Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Jim Collet

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,632 Views
(@muggzy65)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#28427]
Sorry this is a bit fr topic. But does anyone know if Jim Collett passed away? He was a great source of informations and sold a great relay tested that he designed and built. A great guy but I haven’t been able to contact him for months now. Getting worried.



   
Quote
(@MulattoTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You're not alone on this. I've tried to contact him... 112 times so far according to my ticket system. Phone calls ring and then go to voicemail. The domain name reservations that Jim owned across several different elevator websites appear to already be expiring.

If anyone has any more information on the subject, that'd be great because I also couldn't find any sort of an obituary or anything memorializing him.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you guys know what major city he is/was close too you can search Death Notices for him. Hope he is ok.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I too have not been able to get in touch with Jim. He has had health issues in the past and pulled thru. Fingers crossed and prayers said.



   
ReplyQuote
(@mighty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I worked with Jim in the early 90's I think he retired in Monterey area.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Siryessir)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone heard anything yet?



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I called and left a message.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I got thru to Jim’s family and he passes away last April. Jim was a great guy and will be missed.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm very sorry to hear this. He was a great source for prints but I most enjoyed the book he wrote called elevator man stories which was 40 years of his time in the business with many humorous stories.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top