Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

What is this?

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,729 Views
 Rick
(@Rick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#13036]
What is this?

Is this a hi-pot or does anyone know what it might be, hold the clips and crank and it'll light you up like a Xmas tree.


   
Quote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I bet this is an old megger.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Could be an old ring box, when we used to "ring" out the wiring during installation.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is it for sale?????



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believe it was called a Lucas Dynamo or Lucas Generator. I believe one of its uses was to charge and test capacitors.

Great collectors item!

Last edited by jkh; 12/22/14 08:56 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Rick,
If you would, can you hook your meter leads up to it and post the DC and amp readings?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top