Elevator Forum

Montgomery HY 11
 
Notifications
Clear all

Montgomery HY 11

15 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
18 K Views
(@BrianW)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#13250]
Montgomery HY 11

I need to know what this part is? This is the part I need for our elevator!


   
Quote
(@BrianW)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks....Brian



   
ReplyQuote
 koss
(@koss)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Please call in your elevator company,,



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Never seen one...and sure as heck wouldn't want to change one. but as koss says...CALL YOUR LOCAL ELEVATOR COMPANY!!!! but make sure its not mine...LOL

Last edited by kiwinightstalker; 01/18/15 06:22 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've got one in my garage



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I keep several of those in the van....



   
ReplyQuote
(@BrianW)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Our elevator company has told us that this part is obsolete but can be found if some investigating was done on our behalf. It is called a star wheel which apprarently lets the system know where the car is located. It has caused numerous problems with the elevator being stuck between floors. you are also unable to call it! A power cycle needs to be completed in order bring it back into service.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We just went through the same issue with a customer that is unfortunate to have one of these as well. A few basic parts are available like the micro switches and some contacts but that is about it. The assembly as whole is considered obsolete by Kone spares. Kone is the company that purchased Montgomery who manufactured the star wheel style selectors. I looked for a retrofit but was unsuccessful as I could not find a manufacture willing to custom engineer one.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Seriously, I have one in my garage.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would highly recommend modernizing this equipment even if you are able to find replacement parts. The star wheel was never a good design from day one and they were rather troublesome even when parts were available. You may be able to get up and running for a short time, but finding parts and being reliable will be problematic long term.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I second what Abe said. Even IF you get the selector fixed, it will always be a headache, leveling accuracy is a huge problem with these type of selectors. It only takes one person tripping due to mis-leveling to cause, well you know....



   
ReplyQuote
(@BrianW)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
What would something like that be worth?
brianewoods@yahoo.com



   
ReplyQuote
(@BrianW)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
We are leaning toward modernization and we are located in the Chicagoland Market. Another Questions arose. I have been told that there may or may not be a double piston in the pit. According to what I know about the building which was built in 1973, the elevator is in compliance with 1968 standards. Does that mean it has a single or double piston?

Last edited by BrianW; 02/17/15 04:51 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@JustWolf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Single Bottom Jack. If the original has not been replaced. Be proactive and have it done with the Mod, it will eventually fail and you'll be without the elevator even longer.



   
ReplyQuote
(@AlphaDevelopment)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Looking for prints/schematics for Montgomery Elevator Style HY-11; controller P-3330; high voltage P6676. This is a 1964 installation w/track and selector cable serving 4 floors. Jack is single.
Hank Lavery
Engineer



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top