Elevator Forum

What are those "Bla...
 
Notifications
Clear all

What are those "Black Boxes"?

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,490 Views
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14617]
What are those "Black Boxes"?

I'm not sure what those 3 black boxes are for? Geared Otis Sheaves. One has flex run to it!


   
Quote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Someone thought "Seismic Devices"?



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Look like rail lubers to me. I have seen them mounted on top of guide rails on 1920's jobs. I bet the flex has a small hose in it running down to the rails.



   
ReplyQuote
(@traction)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Looks like oilers to me as well, I have one in my garage as a memento.



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I would agree. The flex is different. Maybe it is just surrounding a hose or pipe for protection. I will have to check next time I'm in the overhead.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Those are oilers alright. Almost all I've seen had copper tubing run to the rails. By the way that floor looks great who sanded off years of grease and oil????

Last edited by danzeitz; 07/07/15 10:39 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
They are oilers. I stopped by job for more measurements. They run the fiberous wick in the flex to the rail. Works great.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top