Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
27/02/2012 1:11 am
SSD1 Connector
Now this took a lot of patience. This was a job I recently surveyed. The assembled plug connector is available, you don't really have to solder a 19 conductor to the plug. 😁
27/02/2012 4:01 am
I've seen a 19 conductor used like that on more than one job. Might just be OE practice for that era?
27/02/2012 7:39 am
Ah yes...SSD1...You can still shop around and get them repaired, and World offers a direct replacement.
http://www.world-electronics.com/GFC-IIA.asp
I actually thought U.S. was pretty sophisicated back in the day. Their software, was pretty good...I've seen some of the source code and the whole thing was written in assembly. Unfortunately when they went to present the software ideas to the field it looks like they went to radio shack, and purchased the hardware..LOL..
Thanks for the memories..Haven't seen one of these in a while..
Topic starter
27/02/2012 2:16 pm
I remember troubleshooting these in Amtech's old solid-state repair department. These were fun to troubleshoot down to the component level. Most of them were easy to repair but every once in a while we would get a tough one. World Electronics actually sells the replacement plugs that I spoke of earlier if any one needs one.
28/02/2012 10:16 am
just dont plug a SSD-1 into an EC controller. looks the same, has the same plug, fits in the same hole. but when you turn the power on, you def let the smoke out of the SSD-1. i know from experience lol