Elevator Forum

Guess what type of ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Guess what type of motor this is!

19 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,840 Views
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2806]
Guess what type of motor this is!

Here's a shot of the com
Last edited by Vic; 03/02/12 04:57 AM.


   
Quote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Old GE machine???



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Mmmm, nope!
I'll post another picture clue, (as soon as I find out where I put it)



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The first picture shows the top side of the com. Here is the other side (bottom) of the commutator. When you see these two pics, you are seeing the whole thing, because there isn't any more clues available from side pictures.

Last edited by Vic; 03/02/12 04:46 PM. Reason: add picture


   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Having trouble adding a picture. I'll try again later.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Still didn't see the 2nd picture, but my 2nd guess is an old Westinghouse????



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I say its a old imperial.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
not sure of the make maybe otis(hook pressure is the same) but it looks like a slip ring end brush gear.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
com as seen from bottom

dang, cant get the pic to post
☹️

Last edited by Vic; 03/03/12 06:05 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
For some reason, I couldnt attach another picture to this thread. I kept getting a message saying "your file size can't be over x amount of megabites"! But the file was only 156kb. Tried several times, no go.

So anyway, I ended up posting a whole new thread, with the other picture in it, showing the bottom side of the commutator. PLease take a look at it.

The top side and the bottom side both tell a story, as to what kind of motor it is. I'm not talking about a brand name of any kind, I mean type of motor. But I'll tell you the brand as well!

Last edited by Vic; 03/04/12 12:09 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
slip ring motor. Just popped into my head, not sure why. I must have seen it once before. If I am right do i get a star :}



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Scott Davidson
slip ring motor. Just popped into my head, not sure why. I must have seen it once before. If I am right do i get a star :}

That's what it looks like to me as well....



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
if im right i think i deserve the star, since i was 1st!!!!!!!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Star for UPPO?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Resource Chris)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dover



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top