Elevator Forum

Guess what type of ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Guess what type of motor this is!

19 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,841 Views
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Uppo wins the fur sink, AND, the dog polisher, too!

A couple others deserve credit, too!

It is an old Otis drum machine, with a resistance controlled slip ring motor. (3 phase AC). I had never seen one before, but surmised it by the brush rigging. I've seen single phase wound AC rotors, like on a plug-in drill motor, universal motors, but never saw a 3-phase wound rotor before. Weird!

More pics coming, but I gotta resize them tomorrow in Photo Shop.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
thanks vic, pleasure doing business 😁 😁



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
sorry Uppo, I did not see your post first, or maybe i did, and that is why it popped into my head three stars for uppo. :}



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
all good scott.

Last edited by uppo72; 03/07/12 02:04 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top