I studied electronics in the Marine Corps, to work on avionics, on F4 jets. We troubleshot down to the component level. Then I was a civilian electronics technician, took some more college classes in electronics. I design circuits, build electronic devices for various purposes. I'm telling you all this to let you know that I don't do heavy repair just because I "can't use a meter"! It's all part of being self-employed, par for the course, comes with the territory. One day I'm using the oxy-acetylene torch, next I'm troubleshooting with my oscilloscope.
I like heavy repair! It's stimulating, rewarding. Being my own boss, I set my own pace, so that helps make it fun, but I still have timeframes to deal with. I also like construction and mod. I like ALMOST everything in this trade. I don't think of myself as as this specialty, or that specialty, I just think of myself as an elevator man.
Yeah, MRLs are great, uh-huh! 8^) I'm really "lovin 'em" about now!
The only good thing about Kone's stuff, is this motor uses less current to make it's power.
The rest of their stuff is absolute crap, the worst I've ever seen, worse than Otis' MRVF. Should be outlawed. Especially their Chinese built escalators. Made like a cheap toy.
Not because it's good..
They've made a but load of money having to repair them...LOL..