Notifications
Clear all
23/04/2019 9:55 am
A close buddy of mine who is in the local 5 told me starting in the next two years 1/3 of the union is going to retire...so hopefully that is true and they start plugging away at the list!!!
23/04/2019 9:58 am
I also was in contact with the union guy who interviewed me and said my interview was good but the score I got on the written exam stayed they same and I guess I didn’t score as well in that...not sure why they wouldn’t allow us who were on the last list retake the test also and then use the better if the two score for placement...
Topic starter
24/04/2019 2:43 am
From what I understand the written test has nothing to do with your interview score. That's what I was told anyway, could be wrong. The written test is basically just to weed out the people that really don't belong and have no mechanical comprehension. I was told that the tool test counts towards your interview score though. Did you take that again?
Last edited by EZDUZIT85; 04/23/19 06:54 PM.
Topic starter
24/04/2019 2:48 am
Mech that's awesome man! I wonder how many people applied to the Harrisburg office? When I did my interview one of the gentlemen that interviewed me mentioned he had been doing interviews for several days. I know philly had like 480 take the test, not sure how many interviewed. I will definitely let you know when they call. Hopefully we will get called in the same day and soon. I would highly doubt they wouldn't get through 3 apprentices in the next 2 years haha. Good luck to ya man.
24/04/2019 7:57 am
I was also under the impression that the written test was essentially just a pass/fail evaluation. I remember Mr. Cowan telling the room not to worry about our score because we just had to get a 70. The tool assessment definitely counted for a portion of our interview score. I actually took the tool assessment twice, once at local 5 after the test and again at local 59 before my interview. But if the test score does factor into the final rankings it definitely would make sense to let people retest.
I was wondering how many people interviewed as well. Im not sure about Harrisburg, but i did hear that only about 30 people are interviewing for local 84 in Allentown. Which from what I understand is a traditionally low turn out. And as in both of our cases, im sure some of those people will have interviewed and be on the list for both. So if the Harrisburg call doesn't come maybe Allentown will work out. I cant help but feel like im so close yet so far haha.
Topic starter
25/04/2019 3:15 am
I would honestly prefer the Allentown location but as hard as it seems to get into this trade I will take either. I hear you can move locals after your probationary period anyway. 30 seems low for Allentown but I'm not from this area so I'll take your word for it. I hear ya though, It appears we both got great numbers for Harrisburg. I keep thinking the call is going to come any day but it doesn't. This application process definitely tests your patience but it'll all be worth it in the end
25/04/2019 10:51 am
When i was waiting for my interview at local 5, I overheard a conversation about the Allentown interviews and it sounded like only about 30 people had applied and they had expected more. Im as out of the loop as anyone tho so who knows. Im equally open to either location really. Most of my family is not too far from Allentown, and i used to live in Harrisburg so i have connections to both areas. Im counting on summer time to spur some movement on the list so hopefully they start making calls soon!
30/05/2019 9:34 am
I’m just jumping in on this thread. I interviewed for local 5 and got ranked #7. The list goes active Monday, so the clock is ticking gentlemen!
Topic starter
09/07/2019 10:58 pm
Did you get in yet Tpad?
Page 2 / 2
Prev