Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 5 info

24 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
20.5 K Views
(@EZDUZIT85)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#25284]
I just figured I’d start a thread for the people that applied for the Philadelphia opening. I’m due to take my aptitude test Dec 11th. There’s a lot of good info in these other threads about general info but I’m more interested in Local 5 info. Work Locations, places to live, how you like the job, etc... It’ll also be good to hear from other applicants during this process. I am a veteran of Coast Guard avionics work on helicopters and am very excited for this new chapter of my life. Good luck to all and any info about the area would be greatly appreciated.



   
Quote
(@EZDUZIT85)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just an update, there were 472 people that took the local 5 test. I passed the test and am awaiting an interview. The email said interviews will began late Feb- early Mar. hoping to hear something sooner rather than later. Good luck to all!



   
ReplyQuote
(@ELEV8RT3CH)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I been on the list for two years now and re-interviewing next month hoping to get a better spot on the list...they are currently on #68 from last list...my inside guy told me they are interviewing 364 people



   
ReplyQuote
(@EZDUZIT85)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok good to know. I just interviewed for the Harrisburg office yesterday and am interviewing for Philly March 6th. Good luck to you. 364 is quite a few!



   
ReplyQuote
(@ELEV8RT3CH)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks bud best of luck to you as well...I’m hoping I crush it cuz for some strange reason my wife doesn’t want me to do it...she doesn’t understand what a life changer this will be...I don’t interview until March 14th...



   
ReplyQuote
(@ELEV8RT3CH)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Interviewed today It went really well waiting till 4/20 for rank



   
ReplyQuote
(@ELEV8RT3CH)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well come find out my boy who talked me into applying into the elevator union just so happens to car pool with the union guy who interviewed me!!! Hopefully I get a top spot on this list...last list my number was never called...this time around I got backup #itswhoyaknow



   
ReplyQuote
(@EZDUZIT85)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That definitely doesn’t hurt! I ended up withdrawing from the local five interview because I interviewed at Harrisburg and I am also waiting on the Allentown office. Good luck to you brotha



   
ReplyQuote
(@EZDUZIT85)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just got my ranking for the Harrisburg local 59 office. I’m #2 so hopefully I get the call soon. Can’t wait to get started learning in this amazing trade!



   
ReplyQuote
(@ELEV8RT3CH)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ezduzit good for you man that is amazing!!! God bless you and your family man...I hope you get the call soon and have a great life changing career!!! It’s basically like you hit the lottery!!! Can’t wait for you to collect your winnings!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@EZDUZIT85)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks brotha, That's definitely what it feels like and good luck to you! Let me know when you get your ranking. I'm just curious when they are going to be sent out since that was the original local I applied for.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ELEV8RT3CH)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The president of Local 5 told me if I didn’t hear from him by 4/20 to reach out to him....my buddy is a little more than a year in and told me like 1/3 of union guys will be retiring within the next three years...I can’t wait to join this brotherhood!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@ELEV8RT3CH)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So I just got my ranking today 185...I hope the do a mass hire in Philly last list only made it to #68...not placed as good as I woulda thought...the guy who interviewed me said it’s insane cuz I scored a high B...well let’s not quit my day job huh...



   
ReplyQuote
(@EZDUZIT85)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
You never know brotha, they could hire a ton of people in the next 2 years. Definitely keep trying! It seems like this is the trade to get into! IDK if you are willing to relocate or make a drive but keep an eye out for nearby locals as well if so. I know Allentown and Harrisburg just opened theirs up recently so may be awhile before they open up again. If you are a veteran though I hear helmets to hardhats will let you apply to any local a few times a year. Good luck to ya. I still haven't got my call yet for Harrisburg but they just opened up for hiring on the 15th so i'm just trying to wait patiently.



   
ReplyQuote
(@MechPSU92)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey guys! Figured I’d join in the conversation. Congrats on your ranking EZ! I also interviewed for the Harrisburg location, ranked #3. So if you could give me a heads up when you get your call that would be awesome! It’s a small local so I’m hoping in 2 years they will at least get through #3 on the list… I’m still waiting on my interview date for Allentown as well but we should hear back on that pretty soon.

Looks like I didn’t do as well on the Philly interview as I was expecting either, as I was ranked #128. Definitely was hoping for a better number considering I believed that to be the stronger of my two interviews so far. So I guess we will just have to wait and see how that list turns out considering all the upcoming retirements. Sounds like a lot of positions will need to be filled, so maybe this list will move a lot faster than the last.

Good luck all!



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top