Elevator Forum

Local 18 Los Angele...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 18 Los Angeles Interview Rank

173 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
233 K Views
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Got word from a buddy on Reddit #21 has been called and had his first day of work.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ancthree)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Holy sh*t, serious!? That's awesome.

I know I read somewhere that a lot of projects that were already paid for got put on hold because of 'rona. If they've cleared the benches AND hired 21 off the newbie list, they're going full bore to catch up. There's probably going to be lots of OT, as well.

I remember you saying on Reddit you were 57 on the list, so now you're 36.... damn. You might get called up soon! Wish you the best, man. Work hard, work safe.

Keep us posted. 👍



   
ReplyQuote
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks man much appreciated. I sure hope I get the call and can stay busy, in San Diego would be even better. I will definitely post an update when I get called. Hope others do the same



   
ReplyQuote
(@halawalabingbang)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey guys. Any update on what number they’re on in LA now? I’m ranked 283 so not sure if I’ll make it this time. I saw a few posts back that they might extend the lists so any update would be cool



   
ReplyQuote
(@Eman310)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They are starting to call back the probationary apprentices that were laid off back in July. The word is work is picking up FAST. Otis took a bunch of guys off the list and are starting Monday.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lowrider)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's good news. Let's hope we all get the call.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Eman310)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You just have to be patient. I waited nearly three years to get called. Worth the wait though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rodriadr91)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What number were you Eman when u finally got thru if you don’t mind me asking and how far down this list with the year not picking guys off the list will they get...thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Timh15)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’ve been waiting for Local 1 in NYC to continue the recruitment process, passed my test last year just been waiting for them to open up so I can interview. This thread has been giving me hope lmao I’ve legit read every comment and am looking forward to the process. Good luck to all you guys! Hope you get called.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Eman310)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I Interviewed and got ranked 480 in December of 2016, didnt get called until November of 2019.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rodriadr91)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks Eman I know that comment gives me and a lot of other guys hope



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lowrider)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Heres the monthly "Has anyone heard anything yet" post haha. Geesh



   
ReplyQuote
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Read on Reddit apprentices are going back to in person classes august 9th so if that’s true maybe there will actually start calling people 🤷🏼‍♂️



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lowrider)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Would be cool if the local could put out some news.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Agreed they don’t update any information at all



   
ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 12
Share:
Scroll to Top