Elevator Forum

Local 18 Los Angele...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 18 Los Angeles Interview Rank

173 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
233 K Views
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What number are they on in Vegas last I heard they were on 80 and I originally ranked 173 there



   
ReplyQuote
(@halawalabingbang)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The last I heard is that they’re coming up on into the 90s



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nice, im 108 so hopefully I'll get that call soon



   
ReplyQuote
(@FB323)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anybody know what number they’re at in Los Angeles?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lowrider)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not sure. It sounds like at least 2 people have been called. But with all this Corona virus shutdown Crap I'm a bit worried.



   
ReplyQuote
(@FB323)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yea me to, lowrider. I have a feeling we’re gonna be waiting around for a while until they start calling out again.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Someone on reddit said they were on around 20 before they stopped calling people out, if they did at all



   
ReplyQuote
(@newbie97)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey there, I’m new to this entire thing. I’m number 609. And I know it’s going to take awhile before I’m in. I’m just curious as to when anyone might know they’ll start calling out again.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ancthree)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No real way of knowing. The talk on the forums is that companies are going to finish off all current projects and wait to see how the economy reacts to all this COVID-19 crap. If things take a turn for the worse, layoffs are very likely. Doubtful they'll be calling any more probies off the list for at least 4-6 months. IF things improve. Nothing concrete, mind you. Just people's opinions.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lowrider)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've been hearing all probies have been laid off for a couple of the big companies already. So when this Chinese virus settles down all those guys are gonna have to get called in first. Then the guys from this current class. It's a fucked up mess. I ranked in the 70's and I'm hoping I get my number called within this 2 year window we have.



   
ReplyQuote
(@FB323)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Could it be possible since this is such a unique event that they might extend that 2 year window?
Hopefully they do and that gives all of us enough time to get a call.
I honestly feel like they would considering that the processs is very lengthy and probably want to get things back to normal as quick as possible.

Last edited by FB323; 03/28/20 02:35 AM. Reason: Misspelled words


   
ReplyQuote
(@ancthree)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Doubt they would extend. With that said, some of the financial analysts are saying that once it looks like they got COVID-19 under control, the economy is expected to rev back up quickly. Like, REAL quick.

If that happens right as the 2 year period is about to end, the union might find that it is in the best interest of all -the union, the contractors and most importantly, our country's economy- to provide helpers to its signatory contractors ASAP and extend the list's call-time period. No way of knowing for sure what'll happen, though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The reason it is a two year window is for issues during the hiring sequence. Sincerely doubt they will extend the current window, when the only draw back is going to be a re test...find a financial or time related reason, and you are on to something, simply putting out people who technically are not in our union yet, won't be a reason.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lowrider)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does anyone know what number they are on for the new LA list?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Normandinho)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello fellas hope all'ya wealthy and safe, i'm in local 18 list and waiting for local 1 NYC interview , i was notified yesterday from them for the interview dates will not be before fall and meantime they hiring the current recruitment list. Can someone tell me about the situation in LA how they are going with the list since NY situation is way worse then Cali
Again hope you are wealthy and safe



   
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 12
Share:
Scroll to Top