Elevator Forum

Local 18 Los Angele...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 18 Los Angeles Interview Rank

173 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
233 K Views
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
In Vegas it took 2 full months I believe for them to call any one, I’m on that list as well. I looked back at the forum for Vegas but that’s just my best guess, all my elevator buddies say the list will move fast so we will see?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lowrider)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I read theres a ton of work in LA coming up for 2020 and 2021. Plus alot of retirements. Hoping this list moves quick. I'm excited to start this new journey and put in some work



   
ReplyQuote
(@Normandinho)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello Guys hope doing great!!! Yesterday i got the the email with ranking nr#643 so obviously it really suck!! My name it will stay on the pool for 2 years so i know i'm not getting no chances to get hired and my question is that: on the next apprenticeship recruitment if i apply do i have any favoritism or is a simple start over???



   
ReplyQuote
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Lowrider
I read theres a ton of work in LA coming up for 2020 and 2021. Plus alot of retirements. Hoping this list moves quick. I'm excited to start this new journey and put in some work

My father Inlaw who just retired in San Diego said the exact same thing,

Last edited by Travisnbb4evr; 03/12/20 04:35 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would say learn from this recruitment and come back better prepared
I improved from my placing in Vegas that was 173 now in la I got 57
#1 I was more comfortable and allot more confident and I did not give way more info than needed I also didn’t shoot myself in the foot lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@Normandinho)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks for the info, i'm not giving up but i don't know how to improve maybe i have that ranking number cus my background was poor and i don't have certification or work experience on a related field



   
ReplyQuote
(@FB323)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Try taking some certification courses at trade schools. What I got from my interview is that they really liked that I was certified in fields related to the trade. Also, showing that you understand what the job entails and relating your answers to show that you would be a good fit helps a lot to. Hope that helps.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lowrider)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Someone posted on Reddit that they already started calling guys.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you happen to have the link? I’m not familiar with reddit 🤷🏼‍♂️



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lowrider)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0

   
ReplyQuote
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thank you I found it! Great resource I appreciate it



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lowrider)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah tons of good info. Especially in the elevators subreddit.



   
ReplyQuote
(@halawalabingbang)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello guys. Just got my rank for LA (#283) not sure if that’s an ok number since I’m not sure how many people made it on the list. Does anyone know roughly how many people are on the list?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Lowrider)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I heard close to 750 passed the interview



   
ReplyQuote
(@halawalabingbang)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanx for that info low rider. I guess that’s not bad. I honestly thought it was going to be a little better of a rank since it was my 3rd time interviewing.

Actually might have a really good shot at getting in with Vegas since I’m 27 people away from my number there at the moment.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 12
Share:
Scroll to Top