Elevator Forum

Rants, Rages, and g...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Rants, Rages, and general stress b****ing

51 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
127.4 K Views
(@Robert Krieger)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It Still remains a credit in favor of the people who service, repair, modernize and install such devices and keep them running safely. Something to be proud of and yet another reason to hold our heads high.

I would guess once the public accepts the concept of "Statue of Repose", the owners of such equipment will alert to the importance of getting full service and or modernization of legacy equipment.

Respectfully,

Robert L Krieger Jr.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EleVADER)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone that has every worked in the San Fransisco Bay area or downtown Oakland.. Lordie do I feel for you. Especially that Bart system.conveyances were horrible. smell was worse!



   
ReplyQuote
(@HereWeGo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
My favorite when when you walk in the door....How Long Is It Going To Take?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Construction guys get it from knowledgable general contractors too. If I had a dime for every time a GC asked me when his door frames were going to be installed...on freaking day one of a multi car building... God bless it, my one true peeve of our trade is time. How much time does it take to do a job right, after it is done right, that's how long it took me!

I always tried to train my apprentices and helped our younger mechanics with the same analogy. If you are known for cutting corners, being a hack, or lazy, I cannot fix your reputation. Time might, but chances are, you earned it, and will live with it. Do the job right, controllers are detailed, car tops are cleaned, etc., I can help you find flaws in procedure to save time, and get it done faster.



   
ReplyQuote
(@JustWolf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with Silly. If you can put your name on it, you will be around a long time.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Magic smoke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Some yahoo - "Hey mister elevator man. Can I press this button."
My reply in a serious voice - " only if you want to ride the elevator".
It's like a trick answer to them. They just look at you. Lmao.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share:
Scroll to Top