Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Wood rails

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,376 Views
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#7855]
We service an old freight drum drive with CJA controls. This lovely old gal has 2" wood rails. Can anyone recommend a supplier for replacement guide shoes?

ELSCO has nothing for us.



   
Quote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You may have to source those from a custom metal shop.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@local yocal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have had to have our older units fitted with new custom guides supplied by a local macnine shop. You may try Elpro inc, or ELSCO for guides that may work for you.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Local
ELSCO doesn't have anything for that wide of a rail.

Abe
I'll ask Mike!

E
I was thinking of that. Maybe some kind of insert made out of brass.

Thank you for your responses...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you're going to fab something, just make your own roller guide setup. It doesn't make sense to me to fix up 100+ year old technology. Upgrade time.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks Philly,
I gave them a mod contract to consider. New rails, sling, platform and cab. Even suggested a new controller & VVVF motor. I doubt they will go for it. I'm sure they are just going to keep dumping money into this old unit.

I've seen this to many times over the past 27 years. An owner in his sixties knows he will only be there for so many more years. They would rather let the next owner take care of the upgrade. Why put out the money if they can't recuperate it back quickly...



   
ReplyQuote
(@hirise)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Your cheapest bet is to fabricate a shoe. Weld up a U and lube the rails. Thats how we did it. Not a precision device at that speed and application



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top