Notifications
Clear all
06/10/2016 5:14 am
That is debatable. For the most part, Thyssen considers them interchangeable but the fact is the Finder relay's pins are at least twice as big as the Schrack's. And Otis has been installing non force-guided versions that have huge pins. The problems I have had have been from using the Schrack relays in the blue finder bases. The pins barely reach into the sockets. I would just worry you may have false negative results with this combo and if you use a Schrack base the sockets may get stretched out from the Finder relays and cause the same problem. Even though you get a Schrack relay no matter what part number you order from TK, there has to be a reason they used both bases on their tester. Just something to think about.
06/10/2016 6:38 am
What program do you use to make your wiring diagrams?
Topic starter
07/10/2016 2:17 am
Good One,
Finder pins are .4mm X 1 mm
Omron/Schrack are .5mm x .8mm
Explains 2 sockets in the TKE tester
I use Corel Draw X7
Jim
08/10/2016 10:39 pm
What are you using for a flasher? What is the flash rate and is it adjustable?
Topic starter
08/10/2016 11:18 pm
Standard on all the testers has been a 12 vdc auto (car/hazard) flasher. Been kicking around the idea of making it adjustable.
Not a big deal. just a 555, caps, resistors and transistor. Think its a good idea.
Not a big deal. just a 555, caps, resistors and transistor. Think its a good idea.
Topic starter
09/10/2016 1:58 am
Cobbled up a timer circuit. More like finding it on Google.
Tester has 2 power supplies 5 VDC & 24 VDC. Circuit is set up for 5 VDC. My theory ends here. Was wondering if one of you IUEC trained wizards (Indirtwetrust) out there could change the values to work on 24 VDC. It would make the whole deal a lot easier.
Thanks
09/10/2016 3:01 am
I didn't think this measurements on the relay pins sounded right so I measured some with a caliper, those are the 2 width numbers.. The Finder measurements are pretty close at 1mm x .5mm but the thin dimension on the Schrack relays are as thin as .225 mm, less than half the Finder's.
Then the length is a problem too as the Schrack pins at 3.175mm barely reach into the blue Finder relay sockets as those pins range from 5mm to 5.8mm.
Then the length is a problem too as the Schrack pins at 3.175mm barely reach into the blue Finder relay sockets as those pins range from 5mm to 5.8mm.
Topic starter
09/10/2016 5:40 am
I have added a blue socket so the other socket should handle the Schrack & Omron?
Would you believe the blue sockets are available on Amazon.
09/10/2016 7:47 am
Ha! That is funny. That link you posted just took me to the Dropbox homepage.
Topic starter
10/10/2016 12:33 am
I'm not kidding..............
10/10/2016 1:06 am
That picture looks like a single pole relay socket
Topic starter
10/10/2016 11:44 pm
Just when I thought I got lucky.
Thanks for the heads up
25/11/2021 1:32 am
Are these still being made?
25/11/2021 6:01 am
i believe the gentleman has passed
Page 5 / 5
Prev