Elevator Forum

WizBang Relay Teste...
 
Notifications
Clear all

WizBang Relay Testers

74 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
146.2 K Views
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Indirtwetrust
Ya, they are optically isolated solid state relays (SPST) used on Traflomatic & TAC50 controllers. The input modules are 24vdc or 120vac and switch 5 vdc to the CPU. The output modules have 5 vdc coils and switch contacts for either AC or DC. So I think it's just the 4 modules we would need it to test, if there are more I'm sure someone will correct me.

http://www.crouzet-ssr.com/english/products/_iom.shtml



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
OK, on the in-put side we can use testers power supply 12 thru 120 VDC/VAC. On out-put a 5 VDC supply would tell us if they are OK?

Long and short is:

24 VDC & 120 VAC in and 5 VDC out

Whats the deal on out put modules or not using them?

Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The outputs are opposite. You need to give it 5vdc for coil voltage and run 120vac through the contact to your Indicator on the AC modules. Use 24 vdc through the DC module contact for your LED.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Looking at the data sheet on the input modules, looks like input voltage goes to pins 1 & 2 like the coil if you will, pin 3 gets +5vdc, pin 5 gets common or ground and it should sink pin 4 to ground when the input goes high.
The outputs work more like a relay, common goes to pin 3, when +5vdc goes to pin 4, a triac fires on the AC modules and a transistor on the DC connecting pin 1 to pin 2. If that makes sense. I've never had to think about how they work before.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0

   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Lets try this..........an problem I do see with testing PMIs is a wide range of voltages. Attached is might work. your thoughts all
Attachments
IOs.jpg (93.76 KB, 26 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
DUH, FORGET THE LEDS PLEASE IN THE OUT PUTS



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Inputs look right but I think the outputs should look more like this:

?dl=0



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Correction: the input module circuits should look like this.

?dl=0

I wired up all 4 variations today. The input modules switch the - not the +. The DC output module worked fine but the AC did not want to accept a load. Not sure if I'm missing something but with 5vdc applied I would get 120vac through the module but with any load at all it would struggle. The LED with a rectifier circuit would light very dim and with a small relay it would only pick it half the time. I tried 3 modules with the same results. The circuit in the link was the only way I could get a consistent, brightly lit LED every time 5vdc was applied. Obviously you wouldn't want to leave power on this circuit all the time but opening the whole circuit wasn't working, seemed like maybe the cap needed to stay charged? Doubt I have to tell you but I'm not an engineer.



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Me Neither Brother,

Think we have impose more of a load on the AC output. Correct me if I'm wrong. The LED draws around 20 MAs which may not turn on the module. Maybe a small transformer in series with the IO will get it going, Use the out-put to drive an LED?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Maybe but I did try it with a relay too. I did take a little video of all 4 variations working if you're interested.



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Cool love it



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Maybe we can cheat a little bit, by finding an AC out-put application on Dover wiring diagrams. Took a look and couldn't find one.



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Please corect me if I' mistaken. The only place I could find where 120 VAC out put modules are used is for 120 VAC Hall Lanterns. Do we even need to look at these things?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There are several of these used to pick relays. From a quick look at a TIV print these relays are all picked with an AC output module: S, BK2, BK3, CD, OD, OHS, NDG, ALF, NXUP. They just wire like a switch though, not sure why it wouldn't work for me, maybe I'll have to try again.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5
Share:
Scroll to Top