Elevator Forum

WizBang Relay Teste...
 
Notifications
Clear all

WizBang Relay Testers

74 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
146.2 K Views
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#17942]
Hi Group,

I have built and sold around 35 relay testers that test relays found on older equipment. I have another model that tests big relays found on a lot of older independents up to 220 VAC

I have be out of it for 16 years now so I watch this site with keen interest. Gotta tell you it's a whole new ball game.

I hear a lot of chatter regarding relay failures on the newer stuff.

I would like to build another tester centered on the newer stuff which would be smaller and lighter.

Need some help from you guys, need to know just what relays and what voltages need to be incorporated in my new project.

Thanks in advance for your help in keeping a old elevator man out of the Local Beer Joint.

Work Safe All



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The first thing that comes to mind are the small relays used for gate & DZ on Motion 2000 hydros and in the rope gripper circuit on Motion 4000 traction. They seem to have an abnormally high failure rate. I think they originally came with the orange Schrack RTE24615. They also use Black Omron G5RL-1-E-AC120, this is what we have been using but they don't seem to be any better. I have also seen White ones but didn't notice the brand. They are 120vac.



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Many thanks,

Do both of these relays use the same base? If so I do have them covered on the current model.

Thanks Again,

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes they do



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'll offer this;

The Thyssen TAC20, 20-03, TAC50-04... They use these problematic 24volt relays by Fender, and Schrack (blue and brown respectively). They're a pain when a simple problem occurs. SPDT 24VDC. Then the almighty MUTS relay is 120 volts AC, and a few 110 VDC. All are SPDT. I think I have those correctly identified, and I believe they're all the same base, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
If you need part numbers, they'll have to show later.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Oops-Corrections to above post;
Both Finder and Schrack relays are DPDT. The voltages mentioned above are correct though.

Finder PN- Type 44.52 /6amp, 250volt
Schrack PN-SR2M-V23047-A1024-A501 6amp,250volt

The OEM blue plastic encapsulated ones are the worst.



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks,

So far the all of the above will test in the original WizBang.

Would it be worth building something that will test these guys?

By the sound of it you guys probably have spares in your pocket.

Please keep up the input,

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well in my laptop bag anyway.

Thyssen does sell a little tester for the 24 volt relays only. It has one blue Finder base and one black Schrack base.



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Any idea what they get for it and it is self powered or runs off the controller



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No idea of the cost but you just grab P24 G24 with Mini-Grabbers from the controller. I'll post the part #.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The part # 9852109. And correction: It has alligator clips not Mini Grabbers.

Relay Tester



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank You,

I have these covered, my tester plugs into the wall.

Don't think I can compete with this one.

Work Safe You Guys



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sorry, I didn't mean to advertise Thyssen's tester on your post. I'm sure it's rediculously overpriced anyway.

What about PMI modules? Or the miniature Yellow Jacket relays DPDT in 12, 24, & 48 vdc?

Last edited by Indirtwetrust; 09/17/16 02:24 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Idwt that's a great idea about the pmi modules I would love to be able to test those.



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Have a part # for the PMI module.

As far as the yellow jackets, adapter socket would do the trick.

Gotta ask, been on the couch for 16 years now , what is a PMI module.

DAH...............



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5
Share:
Scroll to Top