Elevator Forum

Why use breaks on g...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Why use breaks on geared traction machines

32 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
56.4 K Views
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If they are geared low enough, they won't overhaul. We modernized two old Circle Bar W cars, 200fpm and 1750 rpm motors and they wouldn't move with 125% load. Even if you ran the car down and cut it off with the brake picked. I won't say it didn't drift a ways, but it came to a stop before checking the spring buffers.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
WHEN I WAS FIRST IN THE TRADE I HAD A MECHANIC READ THE PERMIT IN THE ELEVATOR AND NOT THE CROSSHEAD CAPACITY. CAR WAS 2000LBS HE HAD ME PUT IN 3000. The worm, and the brakes didn't hold the weight. Car crashed into the pit. You need brakes TRUST US!



   
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top