Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Wheel-o-vator issue

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
13.2 K Views
(@ElevatorGuy128)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#29302]
Got a national wheel-o-vator lift that’s not running - model BC60, screw drive installed around 2012. Lift was running previously, although ran rough.... ran a few times then it would shutdown. Returned now and it’s shutdown and not moving at all. Safety circuit looks good, power ok, transformers and rectifiers good. Can’t get it to run still though, won’t even run off the board. I have pictures of the schematics and data plate but it won’t let me attach them (I assume since I’m doing this on my phone).



   
Quote
(@Jblack83)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does the Drive motor have a big capacitor mounted directly to the body of the motor? I have had issues in the past with that capacitor being blown up. Sometimes you can get lucky and just replace the capacitor. And it is a big can type capacitor you would also see in a garage door opener.

Last edited by Jblack83; 05/15/20 02:25 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I can’t recall just what all is in the safety circuit other than stop switches (platform, under platform), but you’ve eliminated these;
Batteries?
Pan Switch?
Belt Switch?
Circuit Breakers?
That’s all I’ve got right now. Good luck.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does the motor fire off? Will it lower if you jacked it up? Different problem solving for different "it won't rn" issues. If the lift won't fire in either direction I would recheck safety circuit, that was all I remember holding up a down call, beyond demand which I am guessing you simulated with the "off the board" comment.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElevatorGuy128)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
update: found a bunch of issues to get it running. got it running but it would run real rough, basically starting and stopping rapidly the whole way - ended up finding the top final limit switch has the cover where the wires attach and inside that one of the screw terminals had come loose so that the vibration when running would cause the wire to make and break off that switch. got that back together correctly and now the thing runs like a champ. original issue to get it running looked to be a combination of loose wire in the controller coupled with an opening in the safety circuit. appreciate the help



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
YAAAAY!
Congratulations!
Now on to the next nightmare job!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Those are hard to find!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Great job. Good find.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Aaron Grimes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have a BC60 indoor use model that will not lower. The unit will raise but will not lower. Have to manually lower by turning the screw drive by hand. I can hear the stitches activate when pressing any of the three up switches and again, it works. But when pressing the switch for down (on any of the three switches), nothing happens. Has anyone had this issue before?

I am willing to replace the up/down switches just to see if all three have gone bad on just the down portion but need to know where to get the parts.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Could be a bad bottom directional limit switch.



   
ReplyQuote
(@LocalJoe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Aaron Grimes
I have a BC60 indoor use model that will not lower. The unit will raise but will not lower. Have to manually lower by turning the screw drive by hand. I can hear the stitches activate when pressing any of the three up switches and again, it works. But when pressing the switch for down (on any of the three switches), nothing happens. Has anyone had this issue before?

I am willing to replace the up/down switches just to see if all three have gone bad on just the down portion but need to know where to get the parts.

Is unit have pan switch's? When set, will run up but not allow to run in down.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So will the safety switch on the screw.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top