Elevator Forum

Wheel-O-Vator DW4C ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Wheel-O-Vator DW4C Door Latch Error Codes

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,305 Views
(@jacharya)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#40056]
I am receiving the following error on my elevator. I have connected with two repair places, but because they are about 80 miles way, they are charging almost 1K just to come out and will charge it again if they have to come back to install a part. I can enter the car, close the door and gate, and I hear the door lock, but nothing happens when selecting the floor I want to move to.

Diagnostic Codes via blinking Call button

4-flashes = Door Close Fault: A call was latched for 10 seconds, but the hoistway floor showed to be open.

The computer control panel shows LEDs 1, 2, and 4 as not lit, which corresponds to:

1: Gate closed and Emergency Stop OK
2: Door Closed
4: Fault contact OK

Any ideas on what part might need to be replaced and how difficult it would be to replace? Images of the conrol panel below.
[img] https://imgur.com/a/CGr6eYD [/img]



   
Quote
(@Sammy1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believe you have a door close switch problem if IN2 and below are not turned on.



   
ReplyQuote
(@jacharya)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Since LED 1 is also not lit, does that mean the gate closed switch is also bad? Or does one switch serve both the gate and door?



   
ReplyQuote
 tthh
(@tthh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you have the schematics?



   
ReplyQuote
(@jacharya)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Here are photos of the two parts.

https://imgur.com/a/ELPcCnr

The white sticker box is the door lock (we have one of these mounted on door frame (not on elevator car itself) and there is one on each floor. The orange sticker item is the gate switch (mounted on top of the elevator car). Oddly, bot have the same part numbers on them, 3152415. I noticed that this PN was part of a recall, but not sure if that means I can get a free replacement. https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2016/Porta-Recalls-Residential-Elevators

Last edited by jacharya; 08/28/25 04:02 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@jacharya)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by tthh
Do you have the schematics?

I have this page from an entire booklet of schematics.

https://imgur.com/a/zGcp59F

These look to be the actual parts listed on the EMI Porta website. It seems unlikely both would have failed at the same time.

Door lock
Data sheet: https://www.emiporta.com/_files/ugd/ec5728_cd21413ca9754568b29dfe4b98d96034.pdf
Manual: https://www.emiporta.com/_files/ugd/ec5728_d0a7dbe5984f4da48b3e1bc43acbe0af.pdf

Gate Switch:
Data sheet: https://www.emiporta.com/_files/ugd/ec5728_3993e59604624892b4d8fc623a397b91.pdf

Last edited by jacharya; 08/28/25 04:15 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@jacharya)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
And here is the main control panel and associated schematics. Not sure what should and shouldn't be lit. https://imgur.com/a/GO4EdFo



   
ReplyQuote
 tthh
(@tthh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
First caution is that doing stuff on any elevator can kill or maim you. Even if you are handy or an advanced DIY type person, this isn't something to fool with unless you are totally comfortable and understand that things can happen that seemingly should not happen and you don't want get hurt or worse.

I would definitely find out if the door locks are recalled or not. Why they would have used a plastic latch in the first place is beyond me. My assumption is your door lock is part of the recall since the label says 2008 and that is in the time period of the recall.

I also found this on their site: https://www.emiporta.com/_files/ugd/ec5728_3a6f126ad24444d18730fdedf0f76a67.pdf

This is my analysis, which I believe to be correct, but I could be wrong...

LED_1 is for circuit GE, LED_2 is circuit DC, and LED_4 is circuit FC. These are located on the schematic you posted in schematic zone 5C and 5D.

The way I read the schematic is that for GE to be happy, DOOR_CLOSE_1, DOOR_CLOSE_2, DOOR_CLOSE_3, DOOR_CLOSE_4 all have to be closed. Basically all the entry doors on all the floors. This is the door switch on each floor. For example, if you only have two floors, there are only DOOR_CLOSE_1, DOOR_CLOSE_2.

Further, you can see DC has an input from GE and its own sensors. So, if GE isn't right, DC cannot be right regardless of the sensors specific to DC.
And, you can see FC has an input from DC and its own sensors. So, if DC isn't right, FC cannot be right regardless of the sensors specific to FC.

So, my conclusion is that one or more of DOOR_CLOSE_1, DOOR_CLOSE_2, DOOR_CLOSE_3, DOOR_CLOSE_4 aren't right. Most likely something is out of alignment. If could be a bad switch, but that is less likely.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Where are you located and has the problem been resolved?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top