Elevator Forum

Wheel-O-vator Altiv...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Wheel-O-vator Altivar 31 programming

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,172 Views
(@John Van Hengel)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#34817]
Hi all,
We have a Wheel-o-vator PCDE144 unit that was installed in our retail store in 2008.
It started having intermittent problems with shutting down about a year ago.
Turning the power off for a while generally would get it going again.
The serviceman said the driver (controller), an Altivar 31 was failing and replacements were no longer available.
I did the research and managed to purchase a replacement unit.
I call the service company and said I have the replacement, please come and install it.
Now they are saying it needs programming and they don't know where to get it or how to do it.
Once again I did the research and found a programming manual for the Altivar 31.
However I need the program to put in it. I am guessing it is just speed and stop limits.
Upon inspection of the new and old controller, it looks like the cooling fan quit and it would overheat.
I think it finally gave up the ghost.

I was hoping someone might have the programming info so I can get it installed and back online.

Thanks in advance.

John Van Hengel
[email protected]



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Try calling american access industries

816-997-9317

Of course NWOV is out of business, but those guys are my best recommendation. They seem to still have alot of parts for NWOV and I had one NWOV residential car that its PLC failed internally and not only did they have the replacement, they sent it out programmed. I believe that was an Allen Bradley PLC though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
And you probably will need to get the actual program. I'm not sure about that exact model PLC but most PLCs work off of a ladder logic program that is written line by line to create the logic to perform all functions of the lift in its entirety, could be easily thousands of lines long. The IDEC PLC I went into the ladder logic to fix a few things required a laptop and program on it to see and make changes to the logic/programming.

What im saying is if you bought the same model PLC blank offline it's probably alot more than setting stops/limits.

I could be wrong though. Symmetry sends out their residential cars with a PLC already programed with all its logic. They have a handheld tool that's programmed to work with it, not to change anything crucial but to set the basic parameters/timers.



   
ReplyQuote
(@John Van Hengel)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I suppose I should expand my information.
This is a simple screw drive wheelchair type lift.
It is not very intelligent.
There are only 3 sense leads on the controller and no programming interface port.
All parameters are set from the front display and it has a very limited capacity.
The drive portion of the controller is bad but the logic is still working.
If I could find someone that is familiar with the unit it might be possible to step through the settings
on the old unit, write them down and put them into the new Altivar 31.
The picture is to show the interface, and is not the actual unit and voltage.
Attachments
ATV31HU40N4.jpg (531.87 KB, 26 downloads)

Last edited by John Van Hengel; 03/02/23 05:53 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
John, In your picture, that looks more like the drive and not the PLC



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top