Elevator Forum

What is the Otis MR...
 
Notifications
Clear all

What is the Otis MRM-3035 elevator model?

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
610 Views
(@Leo Berardi)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#41243]
Hello everyone,
My friend and I came across a mid-1980s Otis traction elevator installation in the Chicago suburban area. It’s 8 stories, 3 elevator cars, installed in 1985, and has DC generators. We found a weird model number of “MRM-3035.” We tried looking up the model on various websites and search engines and could not find any information about the elevator model. We even tried looking it up on Otis Wave 2.0 to no avail.

If you guys have heard about this elevator model, please reply back to this thread because I want to know what the elevator model is.



   
Quote
(@TheElevatorGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That doesn’t sound Otis-like at all. It almost sounds like a contract number or city registration number of some kind.

Can you post any close-up photos of the equipment, wiring diagrams, and wherever you saw that “MRM-3035” marking?

That’s more likely going to allow others here in the forum to give you some potentially useful information about this.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We’ve already given Leo our best advice.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Leo Berardi)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
When I'm back in that area, I will get some photos of the machinery and plates.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top