Thank you for any help.
greg
From the pic I'm seeing the ring definitely looks badly worn...
I'd get a couple of companies to look at it, and to be thourough. I've seen Rings wear and worm shafts brake, and it's not a pretty site. Plus pretty dangerous.
i dont envy your situation.
You have what is also known as a basement drum machine, even if it is in the overhead or another floor.
It's very costly to maintain even though it seems like only a few electric controls to maintain.
If your lucky, you might get a flood and the insurance would pay for its replacement. May I respectfully suggest that in your next commercial building purchase, you hire some one to give you a value on the machinery in it?
I have no axe to grind here and agree with the others who suggest you do the prudent thing and replace the outdated equipment. The old fiber coated power wires might still conduct electricity, but is it worth the risk? I think not.
Respectfully Submitted,
Robert L Krieger Jr.
Robert L Krieger Jr.
You could fix it and then lose the motor next week. A new elevator would work better, be safer, and use much less power. I don't envy the elevator men attempting this repair. Good luck
greg