Elevator Forum

westinghouse epoch ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

westinghouse epoch 1 trouble

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,868 Views
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#295]
I have a westinghouse epoch 1 controller that will run on inspection, but when the car goes on automatic the brake picks, but i do not get any pattern to the drive system. the car will just hover and finally time out. any suggestions



   
Quote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What's lighting up on the REX panel. Are you connected with an HHT.Are the fuses on the MGA board good and when running on inspection is it regulated or not....meaning through the MGA board or resistor taps...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
the mga board fuses are good, the car runs on inspection in both the regulated and non regulated modes. I am connected with an HHT, I go to the display that shows if a pattern is being generated and it is all 00. the rex panel shows nothing abnormal.
have replaced the MGI board also.



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would put the original MGI board back I don't believe it's your problem...If you have a bad board most likely I08. Most likely you have a bad I/O signal (L2,L2a,Lazo,60)...You can view them on the HHT...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
hey halfpick, seems like you know how to get around an epoch job. the problem was a bad I08 board for the brake switch input. the switch was good and would operate the A relay, but the input channel was no good. thats a good one.



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well I had some very excellent teachers along the way.. Glad I could help.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top