Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Westinghouse dmr.

21 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
38.8 K Views
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Westinghouse didn't call that board a regulator card in a DMR control. I'm assuming by regulator card you guys mean the "acceleration device"? I had a problem once where the car would slowly move up in either direction. I found a blob of solder on the pileup separator on 32 relay. I can't remember which contact it was but when the car is not running (32=running relay)it shunts out the acceleration device. Also, the old style sockets were compression type and they upgraded to plugin sockets later- the compression type will cause lot's of problems.

Last edited by E-man; 05/26/12 07:37 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@ifrratedpilot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
E-man<<<>>> good one, i'd check the "ladders" on the foolish relay contacts.

Had a 4 car group not dispatch because the phenolic ladders were worn on the FH? FX? relays.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yep..

Being from a Big "O" background, the thing that always bugged me about circle W, was the one fuse for 30 pages of print, and all those solder connections...I'd work on the stuff, but never really liked it. Which doesn't mean it wasn't good stuff. All depends what you're used to. I know guys to this day that swear Armour TMS 900's were the best stuff made, and others making the same claim for composites...

Thank god for those guys...LOL..

Oh.. and the Mark IV dispatchers that would blow a fuse every week. Usuall on Friday afternoons at 4:00 P.M. When we modded that one, I quipped the new Swift 5000's we put in were going to have the same problem...

Problem was a shorted wire in the duct going to the dispatcher panel in the lobby..Found it right before the mod. We had more in-line 1/2 amp automobile fuses stuck all over that dispatcher, before we found it..



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You're right. It is all in what you're used to. Circle bar W can be tuff to work on - 40 year old cold solders, the PIA 2 hour job of changing a 45 or NA/NB relay, speck of dust in an ES relay contact shutting a car down... At least they had the sense to put in a hand/auto and door switch! These old Otis and Dover units that you have to pull a freaking wire off of terminals that the markings have rotted off is about beyond stupid. All they had to do was install $2 toggle switch to make a mechanic's routine so much easier. I've been trying to get switches installed over the years on my O and D equipment in my spare time, trouble is I don't have any spare time.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Crazyjeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Sorry for the delay. Found the constant voltage transfomer bad.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So it was the same problem on the same day as ours!!!Gotta love elevators.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top