Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

W ERL Problem

15 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
12.9 K Views
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#6110]
Group of 4 cars, the number one car is stopping at all floors in the up direction. Down is fine. I was getting calls every 20 mins about it. I walked over and took the car out of service, I was in the middle of changing mirco switches on a W escalator on the bottom upthrusts, so I havent got to spend anytime trouble shooting the problem. Car wasnt on emergency s dispatch. 57tt and 45tt were out. 438 was picking and dropping like normal. Ive spent little time working on this equiptment so any pointers would be awesome.

Last edited by sbrmilitia; 03/08/13 01:36 AM.


   
Quote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
438 should only fire for a hall call. See why 34's are picking at every floor in the up direction. It's probably an opposite direction back contact in the slowdown circuit but that's just a guess without looking at prints.

Last edited by E-man; 03/08/13 03:44 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
On that equipment..I think if i remember correctly the 38 relay is your initiate for a stop..might want to look at that circuit...



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes 38, 438, 55 + SA0T and SA01 or B1 pick 34 master slowdown relay.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also always make sure your running relays, 23, 32, 65s get up in both directions.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
13 contacts on 81U relay. Things finally slowed down enough for me to make it out to my garage.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This is a good lesson for the new mechanics. Years ago we only really worked on our own equipment(factory) but those days are largely gone(there used to be no poaching policies). So when confronted with new gear i always try correlate the main actions that drive lifts so that you can familiarise yourself with lifts you havent seen before. Safety,direction,door locks,reverser ccts,slowdown,stopping,door action.

Write it down. After time you will remember it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah I have some good notes. I also work with a guy who has 30 years in the trade and worked for Westinghouse for a good while. He spent 20 years in a high rise with nothing but DMR and ERL. I cut my teeth on a/b base. I cannot believe how much easier the Otis stuff is to work on then this Westinghouse. I still rather have 100 Dover Composites then any Westinghouse.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Composite? Oh how I hate composite. I would rather have 100 ERL's.. Actually, I have about 10 TIV's on my route, I would say screw those generators in a heartbeat and take 100 TIV's.



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The Westinghouse are challenge keeps you thinking..not to crazy about the soldered connections on the relays..makes it a chore to replace..unless you get the Adam upgrades..



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
As long as I have a I/O grid that I could see my modules and hyperterm to enter commands, you could do away with the fault log faults are useless, I would take a 100 TIVs any day over any MG car.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would of thought you used IMS.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah IMS or hyperterm matters what I'm doing.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They made T4's with generators...ugly...



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Never worked on a T4 with a MG, alot of t3s



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top