Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
27/10/2024 2:27 am
Hello Elevator Family:
I'm working on VVMC-1000 BY MCE the F5 & F6 20Amp fuses blow when the elevator run at high speed if I decreased the contract speed from 350 FPM to 120 FPM
the car run with out blow the fuses. the generator have to field coil in parallel F1,F3 and F2,F4 each coil have 14 Ohm and the hoist motor field 55 Ohm. The technical support from MCE is limited because the controller it's obsolete. If anyone has had a similar problem, could you please share your experience..... Thanks in advance.
I'm working on VVMC-1000 BY MCE the F5 & F6 20Amp fuses blow when the elevator run at high speed if I decreased the contract speed from 350 FPM to 120 FPM
the car run with out blow the fuses. the generator have to field coil in parallel F1,F3 and F2,F4 each coil have 14 Ohm and the hoist motor field 55 Ohm. The technical support from MCE is limited because the controller it's obsolete. If anyone has had a similar problem, could you please share your experience..... Thanks in advance.
Topic starter
27/10/2024 3:32 am
VVMC-1000 DIAGRAM
27/10/2024 11:20 pm
I'd get a megger and start checking things. Armature to ground, fields to ground etc. Should be a megaohm or higher
27/10/2024 11:39 pm
Definitely want to check the fields and armatures with a megger. Make sure those fuses are time delay or motor rated. That’s a pretty big discrepancy on the generator shunt field from the print. You could try wiring the field in series and re-setup the box. Then you’d be 30 ohms though. If you could still get rated motor armature voltage you should be good but may have to go back to parallel if you can’t. There’s a point in the setup instructions where you have the motor brushes lifted and get the armature voltage to nameplate with the high speed input jumped. If it still blew the fuses the. you could eliminate the motor. Might also try lifting gen shunt field so it doesn’t get to the generator and getting to high speed output again. If they still blow it’s not the generator either.
Check resistors R1-R6 too.
Check resistors R1-R6 too.
Topic starter
29/10/2024 6:54 am
Thank you for sharing your experience. I will check everything you guys recommend and I will posting any result that can help someone whit a similar issues 👍👍👍👍🙏
09/11/2024 6:22 am
I think I have an old VVC-1 MCE black box iif you want it, just pay shipping. I am in Oregon