Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
12/01/2019 3:58 am
Hello all.
I know this is a long shot but I wondered if anyone out there has had any experience with Vertical Controls (just prior to Vertitron but the same blue box CPU)? I have a duplex OHT DC rheostatic group and one of the cars is in need of controller/CPU repair or replacement. Is there anyone out there who will work on those boards?
I know this is a long shot but I wondered if anyone out there has had any experience with Vertical Controls (just prior to Vertitron but the same blue box CPU)? I have a duplex OHT DC rheostatic group and one of the cars is in need of controller/CPU repair or replacement. Is there anyone out there who will work on those boards?
12/01/2019 8:32 am
Did you check with Vertitron? They still sell some of their older boards or will often repair the boards they don't sell anymore. http://vertitron.com/html/parts_vcs1.htm
Topic starter
25/01/2019 7:19 am
I had reached out to Vertitron first about 4 years ago and then again about a year and a half ago. Both times I gave them the job number they said "absolutely no support for those controllers"! They never mentioned they still had boards for the VSC controller. I think because these are DC rheostatic and from what I gather they may have only made half a dozen of them they don't want to deal with them any more. Long story longer they have agreed to at least accept the control box in for testing and possible repair but they don't make any guarantees on it being successful. Fingers crossed.
25/01/2019 7:53 pm
Tell customer that it must be modded. No longer supported. I wouldn't even give them the option for a maybe