Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
24/10/2014 4:24 am
I have an old MP1230 that gets lost at every call from the COP. Example: on the 1st floor I send the car to the 4th floor; instead, of going straight to 4 it'll hit every floor on the way up & sometimes forgets I even made a 4 call. Same issue occurs while going down.
Is there someone who can assist me in finding a Personality Sheet for this elevator? It is a 5 stop Hydro.
All/any help is greatly appreciated.
Is there someone who can assist me in finding a Personality Sheet for this elevator? It is a 5 stop Hydro.
All/any help is greatly appreciated.
24/10/2014 10:32 am
i have what you need, pm me with your email address and i will send you over some info. do you have the pcd tool? if so, use display 6 to check all the personality board jumpers.
24/10/2014 10:33 am
i have what you need, pm me with your email address and i will send you over some info. do you have the pcd tool? if so, use display 6 to check all the personality board jumpers. also display 7
24/10/2014 11:32 am
Not too sure it would be a personality issue. Do the doors open at each floor in your scenario? Does this installation have an IP8300 landing system or vanes? Does it sometimes run normal? The 5 volt out put has to be at least 5.15 volts. And Gator is spot on with the PCD tool...gotta have it. With the tool (and instructions on which "display" to look at for inputs/outputs) you can verify the personality jumpers and whether or not the CPU recognizes them for the job configuration.
Topic starter
25/10/2014 12:13 am
it opens at each floor, it uses Vanes, and it never runs normal. I'm working on getting the tool but I do have verification that the jumpers are incorrect.
25/10/2014 10:48 am
J,
Can I assume (careful now) this wonder car has been jacked up for a while and you are the unfortunate recipient mechanic to get it fixed? "NEVER RUNS NORMAL" is a tough start.
Is the mother board a deep green or greyish in color? I ask because you said it's "an old 1230".
Remember, when placing jumpers on the personality board, they number from right to left, 0 through 7. If you're still stumped, PM me the job specifics and I'll check for jumper locations based on your information (unless you already have this info.). Has anyone supplied you with the PCD Display screen pages showing the different I/O's and their locations as well as fault/ warning info?
Can I assume (careful now) this wonder car has been jacked up for a while and you are the unfortunate recipient mechanic to get it fixed? "NEVER RUNS NORMAL" is a tough start.
Is the mother board a deep green or greyish in color? I ask because you said it's "an old 1230".
Remember, when placing jumpers on the personality board, they number from right to left, 0 through 7. If you're still stumped, PM me the job specifics and I'll check for jumper locations based on your information (unless you already have this info.). Has anyone supplied you with the PCD Display screen pages showing the different I/O's and their locations as well as fault/ warning info?
28/10/2014 8:28 am
Is this a simplex job or multi car job. how many legs on the chips on the A2 board? And asthe others have said a PCD is a must to trouble shoot. That and a supply of boards to trouble shoot with.
Topic starter
29/10/2014 5:17 am
Elmcannic: yes, I am the unfortunate mechanic placed here to remove the giant bandaid and perform a real operation on this elevator haha. The board is a deep green but I can see some burning through several traces. Unfortunately, no one in my company has a PCD and I'm trying to bribe the big guys up stairs to get one..we'll see how that goes. I have a personality sheet given to me by Vatorgator and it appears that all jumpers are correct on the personality board - jokes on me ha! Even better: there are no prints available, but I'll still send you some job specs.
Danzeitz: This is a simplex and there are several IC chips with varying legs - ranging from 40 legs to 4 legs. I do have a co-worker scavenging the warehouse for some boards. Other than that this monster has me lost.
29/10/2014 6:56 am
omgitsonme--Belive it or not these 1230s will run and run. We still have a dozen or more on service and they are very reliable units. You need to beg borrow or steal a PCD if you even stand a chance of maintaning this car. PM me and I may have a little info I can send your way. I will be more than glad to help you trouble shoot over the phone when you are set up with a PCD. I installed some of the first 1230s in the country..Then adjusted and have been maintaining them ever since. I know I know there are leagions of haters out there but to know them is to love em.....HAAAAA
29/10/2014 10:43 am
did you get the manual i sent you omgitsonme? also i have prints email me if you still need
Topic starter
03/12/2014 4:28 am
Got it finally working. Turns out it was all because of a broken wire on the car top COP 48volt terminal. Man, did I feel ridiculous... Regardless, thanks everyone for your input, advice, and help!