Elevator Forum

Unusual Call Back S...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Unusual Call Back Stories

25 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
40.5 K Views
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I heard of a lady who walked in the cab with a dog on a leash. She was not paying attention the dog walked out of the cab doors closed and took off up. The leash popped the interlock and the dog ended up in the pit. They said the dog was perfectly fine but the owner was really shakin up. She blamed the elevator saying it did not work correctly.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: sbrmilitia
Originally Posted By: uppo72
Similar to another story i've read i attended a call at a building where builders where doing a reno on a floor.

They stated that the lift 'just stopped' and don't have any idea why. The lift luckily was near floor level on a floor and the doors were open. The bastards had opened the trap door, knowingly shorted out the contact, and had placed about 10 lengths of 4 by 2 timbers thru the open hatch. Then when going up the cwt jammed solid between the 2. Suffice to say we went absolute nuts and told the builders just what could've occured and got them the saw them in half and lucky for them there was no damged to rails or guides. They pleaded with us not to report the finding(making it official) and i'm not sure what happened after that as i left the job to meet another mechanic at another site.

Dumb, just dumb.

They had a load of 2x4s using them to climb out of the car or someone opened the door and dropped them down to them?

essentially the builders didnt want to carry the long timbers up the stairs so they tried to cheat. They were were extremely lucky that when the lift stopped they were near floor level to get out.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also had another call to 'stuck with' at an old lift with wedge clamp safety gear. We managed to rescue the passenger but it appears the fault was due to pidgeons nesting in the motorroom walking past the governor and getting sucked down thru the hole in the floor causing the pull effect like the actuation of the governor. Funny stuff with dead pidgeon in the pit.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oleeightball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Answering service called one time around 9 pm one night,
For entrapment call. they said lady was panicking. So in a mad dash
To beat the fire department there. Im driving like the road runner on speed.
Upon arrival there are two security guards at the door holding drinking straws that
Had been put together(make shift snorkel) said she calmed down once they piped in air to her. I could barely keep a straight face as I popped the lock to let
Her out. Funniest thing I had ever seen. Peace



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
LOL!! That's a good one... I'll have to pass this technique down to the security guards in our buildings.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oleeightball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I wouldn't of believed it either, but true story, I have a few interesting stories
But that's the funniest so far. Ill add more later. Peace



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oleeightball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Scariest one I had. I was going to local hotel(15 stop) one Saturday night around midnight. Walked in building asked what was going on with elevator. Night desk lady said door was open on ten couldn't get it closed, told her ok, went to lobby noticed said elevator, was on one not responding. Went to ten, walked off elevator to see a drunk woman sitting on sill feet dangling into hoistway. I felt like I was talking a jumper off a ledge. After about ten minutes she finally got out of doorway, I had to call in reinforcements on that one. Scared the bejesus out of me... Peace....



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Oleeightball had a very similar call 25 years or so ago. Guy was panicking and screaming that he was going to SMUFFACTE!!!! We kept asking him what??? Just to hear him yell he was SMUFFACATING in here. WE had tears in our eyes. Aint got no air.... To this day SMUFFACATE is used by one of the guys around here monthly.....



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oleeightball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's a hoot... Danzeitz I may have to borrow that one.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Kenny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I got a call to come to a job and " check it out when you get here".
18 floors, front openings at every floor , rear opening at the bottom, top and about 4th landing. 500 FPM traction freight/ pass in a five car group.
A carpenter had 40 or so 16 foot 1x2 and 1x4 solid oak trim boards to deliver up to one of the upper floors, so they stuck them through the opened escape hatch, leaning them against the back facia above the car, in the hoistway. After they get it loaded down, one of them gets in, turns the car off hand and procedes to run up. My best guess was he failed to remember where the hand switch was when the noise started. The car ran up all the way to the floor where the next rear door was before the pile of wood caught the header and door track and pushed it mostly out the block wall and thankfully opened the interlock circuit. The facia above the landing was a mess. The car was racked pretty good and the upper part of the cab on the back did not look good either.
There was no blood in the car but there were splinters.
I did not get to see the passenger, but I was told he was okay and was taken by emergency persons to be checked out. I think he probably needed a change of clothing and a valium.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top