Elevator Forum

type C safties to t...
 
Notifications
Clear all

type C safties to type B

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,965 Views
 Will
(@Will)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2882]
What are your thoughts on converting a 500 fpm montgomery elevator with type C safties to Type B safties? I realize i need a buffer in the pit. One side of the current safties is not grabbing. Has anyone heard of this being done? any thoughts?



   
Quote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Before you go to all that work cheak the condition of the rails. I have had safteies not work properly, Due to rust on the rails try grinding a section of the rails, and see if that works. you will save alot of money if this works rather than re-engineering
the current safteies.



   
ReplyQuote
(@kenelev)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with take the stair. Converting the safety is not as easy as repair. Also, you have to watch for the stopping distance for type B safety. Typical 500 FPM car for type B safety min is 20" and max is 68". I do not know about your state requriment, some need to apply for the permit and perform inspection before you can put the car back in service.



   
ReplyQuote
 Will
(@Will)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
the rails are free of rust. one of the safety dogs is wore down. no teeth to get a bite. There montgomery safeties, does anyone know if they sell replacement dogs?



   
ReplyQuote
(@kenelev)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I usually take them to local machine shop for repair.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top