Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

montgomery hydro?

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,164 Views
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2880]
I have a montgomery hydro installed in 73 it is part of a duplex there is no controler or print number I can find. the car is sitting level with the bottom landing. The door opens when you press the call button at that floor, you get in the car and it will take car calls but won't go up. It runs in the up on inspection. I have cheaked the up normal limit it seems to be working fine. I dont have good print. Oh ya car will run in the down direction fine if I take it out of the bottom floor. Thanks in advance for any help.



   
Quote
(@kenelev)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
check the up slowdown limit, when open elevator will not go up on automatic.
hope this help



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
thanks I will try that tomorow, and report back.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks kenelev you were right on. I didn't cheak that till this morning had a broken contact on the up slow. I think most other cars will still run on normal just at levelling speed. I could be wrong. You learn something new everyday. Thanks

Last edited by Take the stairs; 03/06/12 10:03 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@kenelev)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
you're welcome! We all learn everyday.
This is the good and the bad for being an elevator mechanic.
The more you learned, the more you don't know!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
amen to that, the more elevators i fix, the more i realize, i know next to nothing in the elevator world. This is a tough business.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I used to fall into that trap that Otis was the best or Dover wast the Best or Westinghouse was the best, or etccc. was the best....

Now I have evolved to the point where I LOVE them all when they're running, and HATE them all when they don't...LOL..



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top