we have an elevator with this control board that isn't behaving like it was supposed to, we lost faith in original installer after they made several attempts to "repair" it and then declared it unrepairable based on persistent E09.
I'm an EE working with scientific and manufacturing equipment, from table top centrifuges to 5 ton cnc milling centers and do board level repairs and was asked to have a look at it.
After looking at the installation I found couple errors and inconsistencies, found what caused the E09 (there was an additional incorrectly installed relay, that seems to have been a workaround to meet fire departments request to make sure elevators are inoperable when fire alarm goes off), based on the English manual I made sure (for testing) that both LLBC and LLBH behave the same way, and after clearing the E09 and restart the control did want to move the car to lowest floor but errored out after tripping lower overtravel switch, I emphasize that no safety measures have been disabled and there is no plan to operate the elevator even if it starts to function normally, I'm only trying to diagnose any possible errors at this point.
So, after restart, it seems to be configured to go down to first floor on restart, so I manually lift it to between 1st and 2nd floors, above NIVS and NIVB magnets and above the AFI magnet so both AFI and AFS inputs are closed and leds on the board are on (NIVB and NIBS leds also on), upon restart, when the car is going down, I see the AFI led turn off as expected registering bottom floor (and stays off), and then NIVS and NIVB floor level leds also turn off but the car keeps going down till it triggers overtravel switch and then control stops the drive motor and engages holding brake and displays error E04.
All magnet sensors I checked manually, AFI/AFS are latching based on which pole is presented, both work like expected, and NIVS/NIVB are N.C., sensitive to any pole and open up and close as magnet is brought close and removed. Verified that all these signals reach the control board also based on corresponding led state changes.
edit: when the restart was attempted, the VFD driving the main motor did slow down after registering one of the magnets, I can't recall which one, I just remembered the fact that it seemed to speed up to full travel speed, and then slowed down as it was reaching the floor level, also saw IMP led flash indicating that that magnetic sensor is also working as expected.
I then took the board off and powered it from a 24V PS, checked the NIVS, NIVB, AFI and AFS signals, all are high when open and pulled down with ground, signals go to CNY 74-4 optocoupler, checked its output and it is ~5V when the input is open and goes to ~200-300mV when any of the board inputs mentioned are shorted to ground, so it seems they are operating correctly, these signals go directly into the PIC18F458 microcontroller, so I can't really do any further testing.
One additional observation was that, once the car has been lifted from the overtravel switch and a restart is attempted, then sometimes it will not start to engage the motor nor release the main brake and error E01 will be displayed after 15-20 seconds.
Any comments from people familiar with this control?